Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

City of Glass

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2003
Northern California
Hello,

I've been trying desperately to export an audio clip I arranged in iMovie to Quicktime, but whenever I do, there is never any sound.

Why is this? What can be done?

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

mkubal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tampa
All I can think of is to make sure that the check box is checked next to the audio track you have made. (It's to the right of it on the edge of the window.)

Matt

MacJagger

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2002
I have thee same problem, the boxes are checked everything seems to be fine.
I exported other projects but there is one project that doesn´t export the audio track

Steradian

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2002
San Jose
What type of sound file is it? Maybe it's not supported by iMovie, try changing it to an Mp3 or other supported file... ( Hope this helped a bit)

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
There are so many problems with iMovie 3. I have another one with sound. Sometimes I can't get rid of certain parts of sound in clips. I delete it, it seems as though it's gone, but after an export......it's back!

Fix it Apple!

yoteech

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2003
reno, NV
imovie won't export sound to quicktime

Here's your fix, bud. I had the same problem - my video would export without any audio track to quicktime. The enable audio boxes were all checked and still nothing. It's a wicked little bug, but here's the simple solution. Go ahead and export the video in full dv quality to quicktime. Open a new imovie project and import the video you just sent out to quicktime. Now just put the audio tracks back into it and try exporting the whole thing again...it should work - at least it did for me. good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.