Why doesn't my iPhone 6 have the anti-reflective coating?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WillSR, Nov 2, 2014.

1. WillSR macrumors newbie

Got my iPhone 6 a couple weeks ago, love it, it's fantastic. Today I played with my friends iPad Air 2 and that anti-reflective coating is god damn fantastic, it's magic. I didn't even know it was possible to put an anti-reflective coating on a touchscreen! Why didn't they put this coating on the iPhone 6? I'm angry at them. I just payed a lot of money for this phone and now I want the iPhone 6s (assuming they put the coating on the 6s)

Btw the ipad air 2 has both the anti-reflective coating AND the finger print resistant coating, I didn't know this was possible. Very impressive.

2. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

What are you talking about?

The iPhone 6 has one of the least reflective screens of any new smartphone out now.

Have you taken both the Air2 and the 6 out in direct sunlight? If you would have, you would have noticed, despite the Air2's coating the iPhone 6 is still less reflective. That's because the screen is much smaller.

Granted there is a distinct possibility that the 6s will have that coating. Not a problem for me, since I'll be getting that one too.

Btw. If the next iPhone does get that coating the screen, when off will be blue tinted, like the Air2. It won't have that slab of darkness like the current 6's.

3. WillSR thread starter macrumors newbie

You are wrong, I was playing with my 6 and the Air 2 for 20 minutes testing and comparing this, the Air 2 is significantly less reflective, it's fantastic, I don't think any phone or tablet has ever had anti-reflective coating before and I'm bitter that they didn't put it on the 6.

And who cares about the very subtle blue tint when viewing off angle while it's off? It makes no difference to anything, you say it like it's a problem or an issue. The screen is almost perfectly calibrated, there is no blue tint.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Get a matt screen protector, if you think the screen is too reflective.

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

The Air2's screen is tinted blue when off. That is the anti reflective coating.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

IPhone 6 was supposed to have a sapphire display.
    And in the 11th hour, they had to change course, and start prepping very meticulously curved ion glass.

First guess, potential 'new' extras like anti reflective didnt make the time crunch.

7. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

8. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

9. TomTomHatesCats macrumors regular

TomTomHatesCats

What does the light reflection index have to do with the size of the screen?

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Science B!@%#