Why Doesn't PPT file open properly in Keynote?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RandomHavoc, May 29, 2014.

1. RandomHavoc macrumors member

I have an iMac at work. I need to open a client's powerpoint presentation but the bloody thing doesn't work remotely properly when it's opened. He had it set up in PP to play as a slideshow that goes on its own and has music playing with it. When I open it every other slide is just blank and there's no music. I get these error messages:

"Builds on Master slides were removed"

and

"Build order was changed on one or more slides"

Google couldn't tell me what they mean exactly or how to fix this frustrating problem. Thanks in advance

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think that's because you're using powerpoint and there are always issues with conversion, whether you're talking Excel to Numbers, or Word to Pages.

Some documents are fine, others are more problematic.

Did you try using MS Office for the Mac?

3. RandomHavoc thread starter macrumors member

No I don't have MS Office for Mac.

I did try Open Office but it gave me the same problems. Any solutions you could suggest? Any idea exactly what those error messages mean?

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Those error messages are because the software was not able to properly handle the powerpoint file. I guess without MS office, you're going to have problems. I think MS office a trial, download it and see if the Mac version of MS office will open it.