Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
it’s such a pain that sites I use all the time and on my Mac it logs in to most of them automatically. Actually I’m thinking about it it fails on certain sites now even in my Mac.

But for example Mac rumours and my football forum. Both of them for years my phone logged in automatically. Now every time I’ve not gone into the site for I don’t know maybe a day maybe less, I’m not logged in and I have to press login, click on the saved password, do Face ID then it logs in

Cookies are not blocked.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
it’s such a pain that sites I use all the time and on my Mac it logs in to most of them automatically. Actually I’m thinking about it it fails on certain sites now even in my Mac.

But for example Mac rumours and my football forum. Both of them for years my phone logged in automatically. Now every time I’ve not gone into the site for I don’t know maybe a day maybe less, I’m not logged in and I have to press login, click on the saved password, do Face ID then it logs in

Cookies are not blocked.
Are you clearing your history? That will cause you to have to login again.

Reactions: NoBoMac

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
In addition to private modes, also check that "Block all cookies" is not turned on.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
nope. no clearing history, no using private tabs.
not sure what it could be then. I haven't had any issues with this on 12.4. you might try clearing all your safari data in settings/safari and see if that takes care of it. If not, I'm out of ideas.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
not sure what it could be then. I haven't had any issues with this on 12.4. you might try clearing all your safari data in settings/safari and see if that takes care of it. If not, I'm out of ideas.

thanks, its actually getting worse. a couple of times ive gone on to a forum, had to log in, went to post a comment and had to log in again.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
There is only one site that I go to that only allows one login at a time. If I'm logged in on my laptop, works fine. If I want to log in via my phone, logs me out of the desktop. I don't have issues with other sites.

tuckerdogavl

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2009
Question:
Is there a way to have history set to clear, but to allow certain websites to not be set up for re-log in? I don't have an issue with having to put in my username and password on sites I return to, as the keychain handles that automatically. However, some sites, such as New York Times and Washington Post, will pop up with a "subscribe" now window and I have to go thru hurdles and hoops to read an article. I do have Safari set up with DuckDuckGo, privacy, blocking popups (which often doesn't :), and clear history. I hate to have to switch to Google Chrome because that doesn't cause this issue. However, most of the time this is when I am clicking on an article in email, so I could change the email to launch in Chrome vs. Safari. But, if I can continue in Safari, I would prefer it. Let me know any thoughts. Thank you in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.