Why doesn't the 13" mbp have anti-glare option

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by notblackmac, May 7, 2010.

1. notblackmac macrumors regular

notblackmac

I was just wondering why the 13 mbp doesn't have a anti-glare option, and looking for opinions on if you would get a 13mbp anti-glare

2. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Perhaps the 13" is not viewed as a serious "Pro"
    giving the feature only to those who can more likely afford it in the first place since they are getting the 15" and 17"

bigger badder GPU CPU = higher price = professionals(or just persons with money) = more likely to get AG

who knows

I would place a wager that about 50% of persons getting a 13" MBP are just those who can't afford the extra $600 or so bucks to leap to the bottom end 15"

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Apple has not given any reason, and since the 13" MacBooks all were kinda glossy from the beginning since 2006, it kinda fits.

4. notblackmac thread starter macrumors regular

notblackmac

Yeah, I guess it's not quite a pro laptop. Just seems like a good idea to offer it.

5. tim100 macrumors 65816

not a pro, some people like a small laptop look at the 12 powerbook and new sony 13.

6. Reapur macrumors regular

Antiglare is viewed as a "Pro" type option. Photographers are not going to really do serious work on a 13 inch screen that is low resolution. The AG option is to provide the user with more accurate colour reproduction on the screen so it more closely matches printed images on paper.

The 13 is a consumer level computer, the decision to tag it with the Pro title on the end of Macbook is a marketing ploy to make the average consumer or first time Apple customer feel / think they are getting a Pro level machine.

7. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Maybe it's because as a general rule (well, my general rule ;)) reflections become more bothersome the bigger the screen.

8. DoorMouse macrumors member

or they just want a smaller, lighter, more portable computer. That's why I went from a 15" powerbook to a 13" MBP. It's much easier to carry a 13" MBP around class/campus/library rather than a 15" MBP.

9. thespazz macrumors 6502a