All iPads Why doesn't the iPad camera have a bigger aperture?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dhinged, Oct 18, 2014.

1. dhinged macrumors newbie

The iPad's bigger than the iPhone, so why doesn't it have a bigger camera lens and aperture?

Considering photos you look at on an iPad will be larger and show more detail and clarity, why wouldn't Apple decide to just put a bigger camera on it that takes in more light and can take better pictures?

[Aside]: Why do I have to select a Prefix? They're useless or redundant (and not even marked as required). Irritating.

2. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

Because iPads will never have a better camera than iPhones (They are probably 2 generations behind)

3. Dunkrag macrumors regular

Dunkrag

Because you look like a complete tool taking pictures with an iPad - no idea why it has one to be honest.. (apart from front facing for Vid calling.. )

4. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

Its great for document scanning. I use it a lot for this and for quick snaps at home with the kids i wouldn't go out shooting pictures with it though.

5. Lukewarmwinner macrumors 6502

There's a lot of tourists here using it for photos.. If they just knew how much we laugh at them.. And taking pictures of them... With our iPads..

Kidding aside; no one should use it outside for photography. The size doesn't justify the picture quality and vice versa.