Why Doesn't The Ipod Touch Have Shake To Shuffle?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by youashwag, Sep 13, 2008.

1. youashwag macrumors regular

I thought this is a really cool convient feature that should have been on the touch and iphone when they first came out?

2. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Good question thatd be pretty cool on the touch.

3. angels lust macrumors member

I've only been here a couple days and have seen this question asked several times already.

I don't know why, they could, but it doesn't fit the Touch image like it does the Nano's "cutesy" and "hip" image. Plus the feature seems kind of retarded to me anyway.

I suppose it would be nice to add it as an option, but I doubt they'll do it.

4. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Give it time and someone may write an app for it. It would have to be a custom music playing app though, and Apple may not allow that as it would be redundant with the iPod's existing music player.

The new Nano has it, but is so light that a little shake takes no effort. Having to shake the Touch might give you wrist strain.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

or it might fly out of your hands wiimote style:p

6. pooryou macrumors 65816

Because it's a stupid useless, laughable idea perhaps?

One of the dumbest things I've heard from Apple, and it wasn't even original....

7. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

in jailbreak, you can do it already. I don't remember particular name. but it is already existed before even 2.0 software. super shuffle? maybe.

8. mpshay macrumors 6502

My exact thoughts. Why would you want to look like you were suffering some sort of seizure to just to get the songs to shuffle.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Way to take a stand.

10. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I guess we all need $20 wrist straps now. :p

11. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

I didn't get the entire 'shake to shuffle' feature. My playlists are always shuffled. Shaking is a novelty to me.

12. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

Get an A88 iPhone copy. :rolleyes: If I'm not mistaken that has that feature.

13. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I think it'd be a nice feature. I'd like to have the option of doing it. It'd amuse me for a while. :p

14. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I've got a new Nano, and the best excuse to shake is when a song starts that you don't want to listen to. A quick shake moves to the next one. Easier than feeling for the click wheel assuming the Nano is already in my hand. It may eventually cool down into "gimic" territory though. Not the best excuse for an accelerometer.

15. prodosIIgs macrumors newbie

prodosIIgs

A third party app could easily enable this.. but it would most likely get rejected from the app store by Apple, because if they wanted that feature to be on the Touch they would have put it there themselves. :rolleyes: