Why don't any of my themes work?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SixSixItalian, Jun 10, 2012.

1. SixSixItalian macrumors newbie

I jailbroke my 4S on 5.1.1 yesterday using Absinthe installed Winterboard and downloaded a few themes in which none of them work. All of them end up leaving a few icons white. Does anyone know of any themes compatible for 5.1.1? I'm looking for a blue theme/ice theme. At this point, any theme is fine as long as it works.

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Is the only problem the white icons? Use Springtomize to reload settings and it should fix this. You need to toggle something/anything in Springtomize, then tap on Reload>Reload Settings.

3. SixSixItalian thread starter macrumors newbie

Not necessarily the white icons. It is an issue but its more like the theme works and most of the icons are themed but one or two and the one or two that aren't themed are supposed to be, if that makes any sense at all. The screenshots of the theme show all the icons being themed.

4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

A couple icon names did change, photos was one. Look up 5.1.1 file name changes. You just need to update a few files.

5. SixSixItalian thread starter macrumors newbie

And how do I go about changing them around.

6. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

You will need to SSH or use iFile to access the theme, or if you have it on your computer just change the names first:

Camera

Bundle: com.apple.camera
    Icon names: Camera@2x~iphone.png Camera-spotlight@2x~iphone.png

Photos

Bundle: com.apple.mobileslideshow
    Icon Names: Photos@2x~iphone.png Photos-spotlight@2x~iphone.png

UIImages

4G in status bar.
    WhiteOnBlackEtch_DataType4G_2only_@2x.png
    ColorOnGrayShadow_DataType4G_2only_@2x.png
    WhiteOnBlackShadow_DataType4G_2only_.png

Spotlight Search bar
    UISearchBarBlackBorder@2x

7. SixSixItalian thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Do you know of any themes that are compatible with 5.1.1 already?

8. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

So basically the title of your thread should have been, "All of my themes work on 5.1.1 except for a few icons that don't display correctly" :/

With a new iOS update, there are bound to be a few items that aren't 100% up to date. If that's the case, just navigate to the correct folder and change the name as the above poster said (you can use SSH as described, or just use iFile on the device itself, change the name, and respring).

To answer your question, most are compatible, but just need minor tweaking as stated above. You seem to think a couple un-themed Icons mean that a theme is totally incompatible... The fact is, you shouldn't expect many themes to be 100% updated for 5.1.1 yet, unless they were released after 5.1.1. Just look under "new" in Cydia to see if you just HAVE to have one that requires no editing on your part.

9. SixSixItalian thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't the first clue about how to edit anything before the above poster posted that response. I can only assume that a lot of people have updated to the newest firmware now because there is an untethered jailbreak available. I have noticed that their themes are working fine. Again, this is probably because most folks here know how to edit themes and the like, I , however do not. I just didn't want to screw anything up and have a $650 paper weight.

10. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I hear you - that's what this forum (and jailbreaking in general) is for, though. Read up and learn how to customize your device as you'd like to!

I wouldn't worry about "bricking" you iPhone (that's the most overused term in jailbreaking IMO). Simply be careful not to delete anything in the files - only rename them and the stock icons. Even if you screw up royally, you can always do a restore.

Good luck with it!

11. iBar Guest

Jaku works pretty good, as well as Genesis. I have the same problem on 5.1.1 with most themes leaving a stock icon or two out, usually mail and camera. I'm sure there are more that fully work, but I have both of these two and they both cover all the stock apps.