Why don't case manufacturers don't list the weight of their cases?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by blow45, Jul 7, 2012.

1. blow45 macrumors 68000

I would think it's a major selling / choice point since the new ipad is as heavy as it is?

Has anyone maybe in some forum made a list for weights and cases from the ones they found with such details that is?

I d love to get the lightest one I can. Yeah even it's just a few grams less than other cases it's still makes a difference.

Please no go to the gym comments or the like...:D

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Apparently it's not. If it was, case manufacturers would make more of an effort to list it.

3. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

What isn't? The ipad heavy or a selling point?

The new ipad is heavy, that's certain to me.

In any case I don't subscribe to the notion that if something isn't listed it's because it's not a potential selling point. I think they are concealing it (some of them at least) because they don't want to compete on that. It's like mobile phones manufacturers not being forthcoming in tech specs about sar. They don't want to bring awareness to it. Anyway though that's all beside the point really.

I would think that some review site would have tabulated weights and cases. I am sure a lot of people say ok this seems rather on the heavy said, compared to the ipad 2 at least it's very noticeable, what's the lightest case I can get and then look for the weight of the case.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I meant the weight isn't a selling point. And you're probably right - it's not listed because the disadvantages of opening the case up to criticism due to the added weight outweigh the benefits of the few customers who buy cases because of how much (or how little) the case weighs.

5. glen e macrumors 68030

we have proven here for years that the lighter the case, the more prone toless protection and breaking occurs...who cares about the weight? I'm not hiking with it....now bulk, that's another story altogether...

6. -TYLER macrumors regular

7. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

I wasn't aware of that if that's the case. Well, weight is important, the ipad 3 is heavy, and a heavy case easily puts it out of one hand holding territory.

8. glen e macrumors 68030

hogwash.....I carry my ipad for hours at a time with just my arms and never felt the need to whine about the weight...

9. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

well good for you.:rolleyes:

10. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Bah! Then use two hands silly! Or get a bag case or something ( like a mini messenger bag or something)! Or get some really huge cargo pants!

Srsly though just look for the words like feather, ultra lite, and stuff like that.

11. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

you do want to hold it with on hand when reading though.:apple:

Good point though on the keywords.