Why dont I have 3G signal after JB/UN? Please Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by duramaxman1, Nov 30, 2010.

1. duramaxman1 macrumors member

I finally got my 3G Unlocked to 6.15 and I dont have a sim card in it and I dont have access to wifi. Is the reason because I havent fully installed ultrasnow yet?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

What's your iPhone's baseband?

3. duramaxman1 thread starter macrumors member

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Your post is very confusing.
    You JB your iphone 3G on 4.2.1 you said.
    Then you say you dont have a sim card in and then you ask why you dont have 3G signal? And why you dont have acess to wifi?
    If you didnt install ultrasnow then you didnt unlock it yet, its just JB right now.

5. duramaxman1 thread starter macrumors member

I JB and UN through redsn0w without a SIM. I have yet to install ultrasnow because I dont have internet, there is no wifi where im at only ethernet cable. I was wondering if 3G worked like wifi and just picked up on its own or if I have to have phone service first. Soryy about the confusion, Ive been in class all day and trying to do this in between, Im vey tired.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You just JB you iphone, you didnt unlock yet untill you install ultrasnow from cydia. Thats what will unlock the iphone.
    You will need wifi to install ultrasnow. Im not sure what you're asking if it will pick up 3G without even having a SIM installed in the phone. Thats definitely a NO.

7. duramaxman1 thread starter macrumors member

OK I know how to install ultrasnow, after that what do I do? I mean do I buy a plan from T mobile seems like thats what alot of people are doing? I mean what are some of my options, thanks.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, its up to you.
    You can go to Tmobile and get a SIM and pick your plan with them and then put it in the unlocked iphone.
    Tmobile and AT&T is your only 2 options in the US.
    Or if you want to use it with an AT&T prepaid sim you dont even have to unlock it or JB cause any AT&T gophone sim will work with it.

9. duramaxman1 thread starter macrumors member

Im doing this for a friend and im pretty sure that they will be using At@t go phone. How will this effect their internet and other things? Or will it at all?