Why don't I like Gameloft - The brand ?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Piggie, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I'm wondering if it's just me, as I don't really understand why I feel this way.

For some reason, and I'm struggling to explain why, I don't like the brand Gameloft on games.

Perhaps it's because in the past there were some poor/naff games under this name and I see it's another Gameloft title and my heart sinks, thinking it's another iffy game again.

I don't have this feeling with other brands. Even no name games that are in effect independent quality programmers.

Or perhaps it's that I don't think I've ever enjoyed any game from Gameloft, but then perhaps that's because I, for some reason feel it's a low quality brand in the 1st place.

As I say, I'm not sure why I think this way. Is it just me, and everyone else see's them as a top quality brand/software house?

2. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

It's actually the opposite for me. I feel they were one of the early premier developers of IOS games, enough to entice more customers (and therefore more quality developers) into the space. I think they've had some very solid titles. Interesting to see how far apart our perspectives are!

3. Piggie thread starter macrumors 604

Piggie

Perhaps it's because I was not used to "mobile gaming" I had a few independent titles and enjoyed them, and then got a few early Gameloft 3D FPS games, and thought, wow these are a bit naff, low polygons and terrible controls, and that's what set my viewpoint that I'm having a hard time shaking off.

World of Goo I love

Scrabble, Yahtzee, and Monopoly by Electronic Arts, all reek of a high level of polish and professionalism and is another brand I respect.

I still can't shift the Gameloft = low end, independent house that's well below the big quality brands.

I'm happy to accept I'm wrong.
    I have honestly read a review, looked at screenshots, bought a game, and when it loads up and I see the Gameloft logo my heart sinks.

Odd isn't it.