Why don't my ' Live 'pics move when used as wallpapers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GC251114, Oct 15, 2015.

1. GC251114 macrumors regular

Good evening guys. Please help me as I'm going to go bonkers.

Now unless I'm very much mistaken , when you take a ' Live ' photo , & then use it as your homescreen , shouldn't this then ' move ' when you press your screen.

Now when I take a pic with this switched on , it then moves as it should when viewed in my camera roll.

The thing is , if I then select this same pic & use it as my homescreen , it will not ' come alive ' as they should. Likewise , if I select one of the new stock live wallpapers on my homescreen , when I press on them they don't move.

Am I missing something here , should I have something switched on for this to work ?

I have a lovely live pic of my daughter laughing , & although it moves as should when viewed via camera roll , it doesn't do anything other than act as a normal pic when used as a wallpaper.

Cheers

2. Britney Spears macrumors member

Britney Spears

It only works on the lock screen,
    which thanks to the new and improved Touch ID, you never really get to touch. :)

3. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

Yes, they will only move on the lock screen. If you press the sleep/wake button and then firmly press the lock screen it will move.

4. GC251114 thread starter macrumors regular

BINGO !!

And there lies my problem. For some reason I thought it was home screen too. At least it's not a prob with my 6s Plus then.

Cheers for replying so quickly guys.

MacRumors forum problem solving at its best.

Cheers