Why dont Photoshop got it?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Sdashiki, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

So I recall using the "image > adjustments > variations" thing with Photoshop back in duh day.

And its neat still, allowing you to do some quick touches to the color and bright/cont and see numerous iterations of each.

Why, oh why, does photoshop not do this for, say, layer blending modes?

I hate having to scroll through them all with the arrow keys to find the blend i like best for the work im doing.

A "variations-like" palette would be nice.

Am I missing something or does anyone else think this way?

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

I hear what you're saying. The variations function, however, was never meant to be used by anyone that knew their a$$ from their elbow though. It is more of a "hey welcome to PS, newb. Here's some quick things you can do." I guess the assumption is that if you understand layer blending, you know what you're doing, and know what each of the layer blends does. At least for photography I find this to be the case. Designers may feel otherwise.

I guess variations was like the "Sharpen", "Sharpen more", or the "sharpen edges" mode- yeah they are there, but if you know what you're doing, you wouldn't use them.

3. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

LOL

They can actually be useful in certain situations, but that statement is still hilarious.

4. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I got a good laugh as well...

But if that's the case then the drop shadow is the botox of Photoshop.