Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
In particular, "Preview" and Finder's "Get info" windows always open on the far left of your desktop. This is incredibly annoying on multi-monitor setups if you are using Finder on the opposite side of your desktop.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I don't know why. The implication of your post is that you'd like to change this behavior. Unfortunately, for now, I think you're stuck with it. Make a suggestion to Apple. Maybe they'll address it in 10.6.5 or something.

pcwiz

macrumors member
May 28, 2008
Not all apps remember their window positions because the functionality isn't system-wide. Meaning that the developer needs to build that functionality into the app (it's simple to do) but in some cases the developer (Apple in this case) feels that it is not necessary.

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
In many cases, I have had luck with opening an app, moving the window where I want it, and immediately closing it. Seems if you do any "work" while the window is in its new location, it will forget that location and go back to where it was when you opened it that time.

Can't hurt to try!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.