Why don't we get....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silbeej, Dec 24, 2007.

1. silbeej macrumors 6502a

Why don't us iPhone owners get the simple ringtone and screen that the iPhone has during the commercials? You know the one where it has the call and ignore buttons on screen, and the basic ring, ring? I somewhat dislike having to swipe for everything, because lots of times im in a rush, and it doesn't take the first time. I just want a basic yes/no call and a simple ring tone, it's a phone most off, thats why it is an i "Phone".

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Correct me if I am wrong but you get the "swipe" option if the phone is locked. They're clearly playing with the phone and a call interrupts their play thus giving you the simple ringtone and "accept" or "decline" option.

Try playing a song in say itunes then ring yourself.

3. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, i guess i've just never been using it when someone calls. Well now that i think about it, i have before, but i didn't get the call, it just went straight to voicemail. I was using edge at the time, so can you only use one, data or voice, at a time? I think of this because when you are on a call, the E next to the signal goes away. I still haven't found that ringtone tho.

4. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

If it was answer with a button I think there would be a lot of accidental answers / ignores.

Sliding is a great thing.

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

You can get the ringtone from the ads here (5th post) and maybe use this guide to get it on your phone

6. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, the link doesn't work, file is missing or some error.

7. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Ok i'll just attach it here. Double clicking it should send it to iTunes straight away

Attached Files:

8. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, sounds kind of like a bird chirp, maybe it will sound different on the phone. I'll just have to wait for break to be over so i can get to my computer at school, for that is where i sync my iPhone.

But thanks.