Why don't we have a mDP adapter yet ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by palmwangja, May 8, 2015.

1. palmwangja macrumors regular

palmwangja

I know Hub+ was the closest one to what I have imagined.

However, all I want is more or less an Apple (-style) multiport adapter that just supports mDP, which again can connect to VGA/HDMI and others.

+ cheaper.

Aren't we supposed to have a decent array of the "cheaper" alternatives by now? :rolleyes:

Another pet peeve was the scarcity of any AV adapters out there. My external monitors will have many days without doing any work from now on... :cool:

2. gekkonaut macrumors newbie

Seriously, it's the biggest question about this whole release.

I can only speculate they have something else up their sleeve. If they were going to release nothing more than a simple usb-c to mDP adapter, wouldn't they have just done it already?

3. Dayv macrumors 6502

I'm hoping there's a direct USB-C monitor coming, with display, power, and other ports all running through the one wire.

I'm not even sure I'd buy one, but it would be pretty keen.

4. gekkonaut macrumors newbie

I think that's on the way too.

I was going to blame the lack of mDP adapter to something driver related. but it's just not the case, as the google one seems to work perfectly for people (minus the fact that they can't charge at the same time).

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This is what I think. A USB-C display that can actually provide power too, but can USB-C actually carry audio?

6. gekkonaut macrumors newbie

If course - USB 1.0 can carry audio!

On top of the DP alternative path can provide audio too. Or via HDMI specs. Whatever!

7. gekkonaut macrumors newbie

It can, and it works great, however you cannot charge at the same time.. which is the major issue.

8. gekkonaut macrumors newbie

Another 2 weeks .. still nothing on the shelf that can do charging + mDP.

Or am I wrong? I can't find anything. Please let us know here if anything is out there for purchase!

My HDMI adapter has still been sitting in pre-order for a week too! argh!