Why don't websites remember that you clicked classic site or desktop site?

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Like for example this website always reverts back to the mobile version or eBay will revert to the mobile version. Why is it so important that websites make you view the mobile Version?

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Like for example this website always reverts back to the mobile version or eBay will revert to the mobile version. Why is it so important that websites make you view the mobile Version?
Once I click 'desktop site' on the bottom mine doesn't revert back (unless I clear cookies under safari settings).

As for why they default to mobile view, I would guess that is because the site administrators feel it is a better viewing experience for their mobile users.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
WHY do websites lock you into their mobile site??

We have big screens now I don't need your crappy mobile site where you don't even let me zoom in on pics. Even hitting use desktop site won't work

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States
We have big screens now I don't need your crappy mobile site where you don't even let me zoom in on pics. Even hitting use desktop site won't work
"Your crappy mobile site" = "MacRumors mobile site". I wish I could disable the macrumors mobile site permanently. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.