Why don't you use an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Intelligent, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

Very many people use iPhone, but one thing I've seen is that many old school mac users don't like the iPhone. Either if you are an new or old apple user, Why don't you use an iPhone?

2. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

You're asking people in an iPhone forum why they don't use an iPhone…?

3. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

I can't answer the question because I use one.
    But this is definably at least an original topic. +1 for that.

4. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

I use one.. but will be looking at new Android offerings in 2014 to get away from the NSA :apple:

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

You should probably ask this in the "alternatives to iOS" forum.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Good luck with that

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I was going to buy the next iPhone when I got the reimbursement for the iPhone 4 issues. :eek: So in the meantime I gave Android a try. Both of them gave up on me within a year and six months. So then I went to Windows Phone.

But then I started to get tired of smartphones in general and noticed my decline in using them. So right now I'm using a feature phone. In spirit of really liking that Lumia, I got a Nokia 301 which looks like a smaller version of one of the older WP models.

I really like it because it has Bluetooth and I can just do my calendar/contact stuff in iCal and Contacts on the Mac then push it over. Can also store notes, have custom profiles so it goes silent in certain situations depending on the times I set it to do so. Has a pretty nice camera too.

I have a 64GB iPod Touch for the extra stuff.

My parents are forcing me onto an iPhone 5C though in the next few months. They think it's wrong that my brother has an iPhone and I don't. :( I know that's a first world problem, but I'm very comfortable with my current setup and am trying to be more friendly to my wallet.

Looking at Android because you're worried about the NSA? HA, HA, HA. Err... "Okay, Google!"

8. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Oh my god I've heard it all now.
    If you wanna get away from the NSA dump your cell all together and you landline and your computer. Then and only then you may have a little privacy.

9. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Thanks.. shouldn't be too hard.

Just because you have given up on privacy and accept the government intruding into your life, doesn't mean everyone else has to. Our personal information should always be private.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I switched from an iPhone 4S to my HTC One because I wanted a larger screen and I wanted widgets.

11. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

1. because of iOS 7.

2. because of iOS 7.

3. I was up for an upgrade and it was either a phone *and* a tablet or a phone with a bigger screen. i chose the latter.

12. sixrom macrumors 6502a

I love my Apple computers, dating back to 1991, I've constantly upgraded every 18 months or so. Used them for work and personal, they've been great.

So I bought each of the iPhone's from day one until the present. However needing a larger display in order to be faster and more efficient, I waited till I couldn't wait any longer. I never expected Apple to be so stubborn and cling to their tiny display.

Finally I tried a Galaxy S3, WOW! What a terrific full featured phone, with a full file system that easily interfaces with my Macs. Drag and drop, no problem. It gave a whole new meaning to smartphone, being fast, fun, and highly useful. I then upgraded to a Galaxy S4, then Nexus 5 and Note 3, my current favorites.

The variety is fun and they make my work day easier.

13. Omega1300 macrumors member

I do use an iPhone. And couldn't be happier to do so.

I recently succumbed to the "grass is greener" syndrome (larger screen, better specs etc.), and within a few short months tried both a note 3, and a Moto x.

I sold the note 3 in short order, as it was too big and unwieldy, & I had all the features turned off - so why bother? The Moto X was far better, but I still missed the iPhone, and my text messages were still all messed up.

So, eventually I returned to the iPhone. I have a great new appreciation for all i took for granted. No carrier bloat, fast updates, great camera, everything working smoothly - outstanding. I'm glad I tried Android , but I'm even more glad to be back with the iPhone.

14. mcfinch macrumors member

Currently I have an S4. I would get an iPhone if it was offered with a 5" screen.

15. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

are you me?

16. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

you need to try textra sms : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra&hl=en

17. nfl46 macrumors 603

I switch from my iPhone 5 to a G2 because I wanted a larger screen... But 4 months later, I'm going to be back with an iPhone. I can't leave the Apple ecosystem. I always come back!

18. Omega1300 macrumors member

Maybe....:eek::D

----------

I'd tried Textra, goSMS, hangouts & several others. None of them worked for me.

Textra was probably the best, but group messaging was still awful.

19. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

My point was your not gonna find it going to Android. :rolleyes:
    If there is any one company that stores info on you its Google.
    But whatever floats your boat.

20. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I skipped all 6 versions of the iPhone because I really didn't see a need for one. It's that easy. Yes I own several Apple products but I didn't see a need for an iPhone. My iPod Touch I could do everything except for make calls. Using the map required wifi but I could load up my directions before leaving the house.

Adding a data package I still don't get. If you have a flip phone you still have access to text messages, mobile web, etc. but with the extra fees.

I like the iPhone when it came out but didn't see a need for it. With every device, I have to have a need for it. Now after 7yrs I finally found a need. :cool:

21. mhdena macrumors 6502

This question is why some non apple people think apple people are full of cacaa.

Kinda like the asswipe Audi drivers of the tech world.:eek:

22. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'm currently using an iPhone right now, but every time I've switched to Android it is because I want a device that I can actually customize and play around with. iOS is great, but it lacks the flexibility of Android.

----------

Seriously? It goes both ways. There are a lot of "Apple people" that think "Android people" are idiots.

As far as I'm concerned, Android is competition for iOS. They're good for each other and they drive improvements. I support both. They both have strengths and weaknesses. They're both good mobile operating systems.

23. mhdena macrumors 6502

I don't think anyone is an idiot for what they want to use.

Those who insist someone is an idiot because they use something different are the tools I was referring to.

Iphone and Androids seem equals to me.

The OPs question is like saying to a BMW drivers why don't you buy a MB.

24. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i was so close to getting that phone but i just couldn't.

25. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I do use one now (5s) but if it breaks probably will NOT replace it with another iPhone. I like iOS, but it turns out iOS 7 breaks podcast support enough that I just use an iPod Classic for that now, so could be using a cheaper phone. I'd probably get that $300 6" Nokia Windows Phone if I had to replace it now. Besides, I don't much use my phone for many "smart" things, preferring to use my iPad or PCs.

(I really wish Apple did have a cheap model...I think they need it for market share. At $100-300 I wouldn't think twice about buying one, but I paid over $900 for my 5s...)