Why exchange when I can sell on eBay?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by emaja, Oct 2, 2012.

1. emaja macrumors 68000

I have a 16GB black AT&T iPhone 5 and want a 32GB. I reserved on at my local Apple Store and want to know if there is anything I am overlooking here.

I have been using the 16GB, so it is not in the box, but instead of returning it, why shouldn't I sell it on eBay and make a nice profit? I have a family plan with 5 phones and an upgrade to burn, so if i ebay it someone can get an iPhone 5 quickly and i can make a few bucks. Seems like a win/win.

Am I missing something?

2. Make Donuts macrumors newbie

Nope, because that is what I exactly have done. Then, again you might have the naysayers calling you greedy and such.

3. emaja thread starter macrumors 68000

I don't get the "greed" thing. I didn't buy it with the intent to sell it. I just decided after the fact that I wanted a larger capacity.

Besides, It's not like I am forcing anyone to buy it. The buyer decides if it worth the price I am asking and if so, they buy it. No one holds a gun to anyone's head.

I sold it here in the marketplace and we're both happy with how it worked out, so we're both winners.