Why faces & events showing when not checked in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by derryls, Jan 31, 2015.

1. derryls macrumors newbie

Even though in iTunes none of the faces, or any events are checked and the "selected albums, Events, Faces with no events" is checked, all those items are still showing up in photos on the phone. In addition, last import and last 12 months didn't appear in 8.1.2 but are now appear after the update to 8.1.3 last night with no apparent way to not show them. The last import showing in iPhoto is correct, but incorrect on the iPhone. Last import showing on the phone was the first items imported to the new iPhoto file for 2015.

Why to these things show up on the phone when are not checked in iTunes?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If a photo is on the iPhone and has an event or face assigned to it, the iPhone will show it and the face/event sections. The check boxes for faces and events in iTunes are for synching all photos that the selected face or location match. They do not prevent the appearance of the face/event section.

3. derryls thread starter macrumors newbie

None of these problems occurred until updating from iOS 7 to 8

The "last 12 months" and not showing the correct "last import" until after the 8.1.3 update. The last import shows the first update that was done this year (in a new iPhoto file) and does not match the last update that shows in iPhoto (which IS correct).

----------

should be Last Import and not Last Update :(

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The faces and events features and how they work with iTunes syncing haven't changes since they were introduced a few years ago.

5. derryls thread starter macrumors newbie

apparent solution

I think I cured this problem.

I loaded my 2014 iPhoto pictures onto the iPhone, then reloaded the 2015 iPhoto album.

Except for the order of some of the the albums, Events and Last Import were no longer there (and were always never checked in iTunes).

It WAS the newest iOS download that must have been the cause of the problem. The problem wasn't there before the upgrade and was after the upgrade. There were NO changes in iPhoto before or after the upgrade.