Why Fedex, Why!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Goroke, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Goroke macrumors member

So, my ipod touch was gonna arrive today at mourning. I was pretty pumped up, because this was my first ipod and I waited while I was listening to some music. I figured it would come pretty late, so I checked the FedEx tracker and it said it failed to deliver due to lack of signature... ... ...10 minute ago... ... ...And the guy didn't even bother using the bell.

WT**** >_<!!!

Now I have to wait till Monday...*slits wrist*

2. geon macrumors member

I live close to the FedEx warehouse, so if that happened to me, I would call them and pick it up this evening, after the driver gets back with it.

3. bentmywookie macrumors regular

Call FedEx and arrange a pickup. You'll probably have to wait till closer to the end-of-day but this happens to me all the time and I just call and ask them to hold it for me at the FedEx location.

4. CrossFireXT17 macrumors member

this happened to me and my friend as well with our iPods AND macbooks. Whats the deal with that? When FedEX does ANYTHING else it works fine, just Apple stuff it does it to me...

it's a conspiracy;)

5. Goroke thread starter macrumors member

I would love to pick it up this evening, but I have a church meeting from 6:30 and the pick up is after 7:00. On the bright side, my BodyGuardz didn't arrive yet...I haven't finished downloading my musics...and etc...he...hehehe...

6. mzd macrumors 6502a

well, in the future, Apple lets you fill out those "pre-sign" forms. i would do that even if i was going to be home just in case.

7. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Exactly the same thing happened to me when I was waiting for my iMac last October.

8. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

But if you do this, do they just leave it at your door?

It's been a long time, but I've had packages stolen from in front of my apartment so personally I'm leery.:( ... But tempted.:)

9. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

If the package has a value displayed and is over a certain price (forgot the exact amount) they wont leave it with out a signature.

I'm sure the box had apple written all over it.

I called and asked Fedex what their policy was on this about a month ago when i was thinking of ordering a Sony LCD tv. The guy said that it if was something like that or the box looked like it contain something very valuable they wouldn't leave it unless somebody was there to get it.

Call the local Fedex depot and ask if the driver could make another attempt, or if you can come pick it up.

I would rather miss the delivery, and wait another day, or drive to the location, than have my ipod, imac, or 40" LCD tv stolen off my front porch.

10. Critical Hippo macrumors member

I've had bad luck with FedEx in my city. I ran into a similar situation once, but I guilted FedEx into attempting the delivery again on the same day. I posted specific instructions down at the door: just push "2" on the number pad, that's it, and it would call my apartment so I could buzz him in. However, when I checked the status of the delivery online, I found a flag saying that delivery was attempted but that I was unavailable. He hadn't even tried to contact me.

So I called customer service and complained about the driver. He must have still been on his route because 30 minutes later, he was at my door with some excuse about dialing some long phone number.

That's why I use Amazon whenever I have the option. I get to avoid Chicago's 10 percent sales tax, I get quick deliveries through Prime, and I get them from UPS people who have never had a problem contacting me. That's not to say that one delivery service is better than the other; it's just that in my current apartment the people running the UPS route seem more reliable than the people running the FedEx route.