Why fix it if it aint broke ;)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by grkness, Nov 7, 2007.

1. grkness macrumors newbie

I've recently upgraded to Leopard and am overall impressed with the performance upgrade minus of course the inherent glitches.

My question is, Does anyone else hate the way drop shadowing has been implemented in Leopard?

All my windows have a drop shadow of 3/8" each side. Ugly no?

is there a way to hack this and make it something a similar to Tiger?

Thank you in advance

2. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

When I first saw the shadow in the beta I hated it and thought it would be quite distracting but now i see it in the gold master, its hardly noticable.. In fact I dont even think it helps see which window is active.

What I do find a little odd is that inactive windows are lighter than the active window.. feels like it should be the other way round.

3. DanB91 macrumors 6502

what drop shadow? now these threads are getting silly. ur nitpicking at stuff most people dont even see!!! o btw i utterly hate the quote "if it aint broke dont fix it" ;)

4. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

I know what you mean but steve jobs actually made a point of showing it off in the keynote.

5. grkness thread starter macrumors newbie

I suppose I can't make everyone happy.

It is something I noticed and I think was implemented better in Tiger. You should be happy I am speaking about such a small thing. It just goes to show how good Leopard is.

One can only imagine the forum on Vista.

"... um dude I just inserted the Vista CD Home Premium on a Vista computer and it says it is not compatible. Also it says error:423435 keyboard not found. Type any key to continue. Where is the any key ..."

Caveman: I like it darker for the active window. Hopefully some brilliant 12 yr old can write an app that will let us modify such settings