Why, for the love of god, will my imac not stay asleep?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Gavin S., Dec 4, 2009.

1. Gavin S. macrumors newbie

I have a 24" 2.66 bought in Oct 09 and it is current with updates. No matter what I do it will not stay asleep, even when I manually put in down with the power button it wakes a short time later. Is there no solution to this simple problem I know many experience?

2. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I remember doing some research on this and there is some sort of feature in your settings that you can disable, something to the effect of 'wake upon internet'... I can't give you more than this as I am not at home but I think it's something to do with your mac getting some sort of passive internet refresher. If you look up the issue in forums you might find it.

This link might prove helpful:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1761832

3. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

I found a type of laser mouse that I owned always woke up my PowerMac G4 so I had to unplug it everytime I wanted to put it to sleep.

So just unplug all devices except keyboard and mouse, then try to sleep. If it wakes up again, unplug the keyboard and mouse and see what happens.

In the link above, about 3/4's the way down, someone said they found a way so maybe you could try that.

4. zippyzoom macrumors member

Its simple, really.

Like a child, an iMac must be read fairy-tale stories every night right before tucking into bed. A child/iMac without his or her story is indeed a restless individual and will not stay asleep! Heed to this advise!!

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

my mini does the same thing. I thought it was the ms mouse as when I got the magic mouse. FOR a few days anyway then it was off. changing the waking for network did not do it. mine will wake up before the led can go through a full cycle then stay asleep next time. but sometiems it is awake when I get up sometiems not.