Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gavin S.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
I have a 24" 2.66 bought in Oct 09 and it is current with updates. No matter what I do it will not stay asleep, even when I manually put in down with the power button it wakes a short time later. Is there no solution to this simple problem I know many experience?

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
I remember doing some research on this and there is some sort of feature in your settings that you can disable, something to the effect of 'wake upon internet'... I can't give you more than this as I am not at home but I think it's something to do with your mac getting some sort of passive internet refresher. If you look up the issue in forums you might find it.

This link might prove helpful:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1761832

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
I found a type of laser mouse that I owned always woke up my PowerMac G4 so I had to unplug it everytime I wanted to put it to sleep.

So just unplug all devices except keyboard and mouse, then try to sleep. If it wakes up again, unplug the keyboard and mouse and see what happens.

In the link above, about 3/4's the way down, someone said they found a way so maybe you could try that.

zippyzoom

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2009
Its simple, really.

I have a 24" 2.66 bought in Oct 09 and it is current with updates. No matter what I do it will not stay asleep, even when I manually put in down with the power button it wakes a short time later. Is there no solution to this simple problem I know many experience?

Like a child, an iMac must be read fairy-tale stories every night right before tucking into bed. A child/iMac without his or her story is indeed a restless individual and will not stay asleep! Heed to this advise!!

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
my mini does the same thing. I thought it was the ms mouse as when I got the magic mouse. FOR a few days anyway then it was off. changing the waking for network did not do it. mine will wake up before the led can go through a full cycle then stay asleep next time. but sometiems it is awake when I get up sometiems not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.