why get a case for the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dinosaur1, Sep 22, 2012.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Go over to the iPhone forum and see the large scuffgate threads. That's reason #1 for a case.

2. takeshi74, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

takeshi74 macrumors 601

1. Always consider the source. I do read Giz but it's writing has declined over the years and its rants are completely pointless IMO.
    2. Subjective preference. Do what works for you. One person's inability to see the point in a case doesn't mean that others won't. People have different preferences and I really don't understand why it's so difficult for so many to grasp this simple concept which is evident in daily life if you bother to pay even a little attention. It really doesn't matter what the topic is (smartphone or not) or what model of smartphone you're talking about.

EDIT: It's also written by Jesus Diaz. Again, always consider the source.

3. srcstc macrumors member

Why does everyone feel the need to tell everyone else to not use (or use) a case?? If you don't want to then don't. What do you care if others do? :rolleyes:

Some of us are clumsy and/or want to keep or phones looking new.

4. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Looks in the other room at her two kids FaceTiming with my Dad on his birthday and thinks, why WOULDN'T i get a case for it??

(I currently have a Siedio Rugged case on my 4, and it has done its job well! Might not be the prettiest, but it keeps it in one piece!)

6. Anonymouslives macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

I'm not even using it until I get a good case. It arrived yesterday, but its too tiny, light and slippery. I know it did excellent in the drop tests, but I don't want to drop it! Need an ottorbox, not the military style on, the next level. Just have to find 1 somewhere. Went to a Verizon store yesterday and they had the ugliest f'g cases I've ever seen

7. jester0723 macrumors regular

Because I drop my things a lot. Otter box defender.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

And convinced that whoever writes for gizmodo is the same person that says "First!" in the comment sections on sites. They just sound so stupid.

That said other than a holster (seidio spring clip) and possibly an icarbons back shield or something. That's it

9. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

Other than protection, for me it's about personalization. It's what sets my iPhone apart from the next guy's. One of the wonderful things about owning an iPhone is the vast array of choices you have available to you for cases and accessories. There's no way you won't find one that suits you. :)