Why get the iPhone 7+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joell27, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Joell27 macrumors member

im still debating about the 7/7+. Outside of its hardware features are there any advantages to getting the plus edition? Do the speakers produce better sound on the plus? Are there any other software differences besides bokeh and. Landscape mode? Can you do split screen on the plus?

2. griss0r macrumors newbie

griss0r

It is a personal preference. Go into the Apple Store and try out both sizes. For me the plus just felt better and when I look at it the pictures just more pleasing.

Speakers are the same and no there is no slit screen ..

3. phoneme macrumors member

im just gonna wait for next year and get iphoneX that will be the one to get for sure.

4. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

The plus has the larger screen, higher ppi (401 vs 326), 1920 x 1080 resolution, the telephoto lens for 2x Optical Zoom, will receive the update later this year for the depth-mapping bokeh effect (and I suspect will have other utilizations with 3rd party apps), it has a larger battery with longer battery life, and on the software side, and I believe some apps have a special landscape UI.

5. TurboPGT! Suspended

The....size.

Please do not make this decision based on any other factor. Do you want to carry and use a 4.7 or a 5.5? Decide based on that. They are both great products.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

So many guys I see carrying a backpack, sling pack, a messenger bag and a man purse; do you carry one? Pack your 7+ in a bag, problem solved.

7. phoneme macrumors member

and now add another bag for the dongle.

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

9. Joell27 thread starter macrumors member

I don't carry any of the above.

10. sdwaltz macrumors 6502

As someone who used a 6+ for two years who purchased the 4.7 this time...

it is all about the size, and there are pros and cons to both. If the camera is what you're worried about, don't - the camera on the 4.7 is extremely good.

The 4.7 is just flat out easier to hold. I find that I like the 4.7 more when laying in bed before I go to sleep, while driving (I mean, uh, I don't use my phone while driving ;)), putting it in my pocket, how much ROOM it takes in my pocket, etc. Basically, it's better anytime I need to use it one-handed, which it turns out is a lot. I know this because of how much easier using my phone has been in the past 3 days.

I mostly miss the 5.5 for taking pictures, looking at pictures, and watching short videos (I'm not one of those who really uses their phone for longer-term watching of anything). The screen is great in that respect, but for ME, the 4.7 makes sense. It might make sense for you too, and it might not. Added screen real estate is definitely nice but I like handling something smaller more.