Why has one note dissapeared!?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GriffGrof, Aug 4, 2013.

1. GriffGrof macrumors newbie

Spent ages writing something long and detailed in the 'Notes' app... There were a lot of dates within what I was writing.

As soon as I tapped 'done', I scrolled up and down it, when, all of a sudden, it just VANISHED - gone! Wasn't anywhere to be found on my list of notes, tried switching the iPad on and off, resetting my syncs (it hadn't synced anywhere, typically Notes is the only app I don't use iCloud for, as I keep notes to each device)

So how do I get the missing note back - I saw it go right in front of my eyes.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated :D :)

2. thechauchy macrumors newbie

Other Mail accounts

From my experience almost every time messages disappear it has something to do with Yahoo!. For some unknown reason Yahoo! makes itself the default notes syncing account whenever its added to an iPhone and then for some other inexplicable reason all of the notes soon after disappear.

My best suggestion would be to check all of your mail accounts and see if notes are saved with them.

Yahoo! has whats usually called Notepad if you log onto the account on your computer.

Gmail has notes labeled as 'notes'.

And then there are various other mail accounts you will run across that also sync notes.

If thats not it then look at your iCloud/iTunes backup's to see if you can restore back to a time when the notes were there. [If its worth it]

:apple: