Why has swipe disappeared?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by madean, Sep 20, 2016.

1. madean macrumors newbie

Am I alone in STILL trying to swipe to unlock my iPad Air or turn off my alarm?

How about swiping to turn off an alarm. My alarm goes off at 4:50 AM, and I swipe, still half-asleep, thinking I turned off the alarm. By the time I'm in the shower, my alarm goes off again waking up my wife at 4:55 AM (NOT GOOD!). Now Apple expects me to press a little area at the bottom of the screen to turn off the alarm, and if I don't hit it just right...snooze!!!

2. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

That's how Apple operates. If you want the best user experience on the latest software, you need the newest hardware. Eliminating swipe actually works really well for the iPhone 7. I don't think it was the smartest move for 6s and earlier and definitely not on the current iPads.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Does the alarm experience described in this thread differ on iPhone 7?

4. white4s macrumors 65816

turn off the snooze then it won't go off 5 minutes later?

5. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

I just meant it's easier on the 7 without the physical button to get back into the phone to make a change. I ran into a few times on the ipad where I had to go back into the system and edit the alarm and it felt annoying.

The alarm is a weird thing. If I play around with it during the day it works perfectly as you would want it to. When it goes off early in the morning, pressing the rather large stop area isn't as fluid as it is when fully awake.

6. yankeebobo macrumors regular

yankeebobo

It actually doesn't work bad at all on the 6 series. Key with this is fingerprint touch phones won't be as bad if you turn on Rest Finger to open.

7. MS_Hedrick macrumors member

MS_Hedrick

I have been successfully turning off alarms on my 6 Plus by tapping the home button.

8. minimo3 macrumors 6502

Yeah I curse at it every morning since updating to iOS 10. The %#{<!! Stop button is so hard to hit. Another instance of changing something just for the sake of change. If Apple ever builds a car they will remove the steering wheel and replace it with a trackpad. The fanboys will rush to defend them saying "why would you want to use an input device invented in 1894?"

9. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I typically use Touch ID to turn off my iPhone alarm. No idea now it works, but it just does.

10. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Just like Keyser Söze:eek:

11. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Still there in iOS 9.3.5. Go back before Apple stops signing it.