Why Has the Black to White iPhone 4 Conversion thread been edited?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Mickyfin, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

Just wondering as to why the iPhone 4 black to white conversion thread has been edited.? Not only has it been edited, all posts from iphonefixed have been removed including details, prices, and photos that they posted to help member in said thread who were looking at carrying out the conversion, myself included.

I have been in touch with iphonefixed.co.uk, they are located in Wales/UK, and seem more than friendly, and helpful, and I don't understand why the bomb edit?

There were two other companies listed in this thread too, which were unreliable, maybe a moderator over reacted, and deleted iphonefixed posts thinking this guy was unreliable too? The names are very simiar I agree, but iPhoneFixed.co.uk is genuine from everything we can tell, even member did background checks, and VAT number checks, and all was fine for this guy, but not the others.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I would has at a guess that the Mods thought it was deemed as Commercial Advertising.

3. Mickyfin thread starter macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

That would be a shame, because Im sure Im not alone in wanting my white iPhone seeing as apple cancelled it.

Thanks for the reply.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Commercial businesses were using the thread for promotion and other business purposes, in violation of forum rules. We have no issue with the businesses, services, or products, only with appropriate use of the forums. You are welcome to contact the companies involved directly if you have questions or want to do business with them.

We can give further details privately to anyone whose posts were removed, if they contact us.