Why hasn't apple....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gavernty, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Gavernty macrumors 6502

integrated quick reply into the iOS messaging yet? This is one feature I desperately want, and the main reason I jailbreak my phone

2. 2010RS macrumors 6502

because they are waiting to release it later as the greatest feature ever, a la "copy and paste"

3. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I concur completely, but the Messages app opens a lot faster in iOS 5, so there's barely an advantage to Quick Reply.

I will, however, question as to why there are no time stamps or the ability to cancel your currently-in-sending message (as if you just noticed an error or changed your mind). Now those two things annoy me greatly.

4. gmans46 macrumors regular

theres been many times when i would've liked to cancel a message and gotten myself in some rather sticky situations ahahaha.

5. Gavernty thread starter macrumors 6502

:( I wanna upgrade to iOS5 but dunno if I wanna lose all my JB features, have any of you guys sacrificed your JB to upgrade?

6. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I dumped a 4.3.4 tethered jailbreak to go to iOS5 GM. Definitely no regrets! And I used the hell out of BiteSMS.

7. Gavernty thread starter macrumors 6502

argh, Kyle, I think I'm gonna do it! If I go I have to stay because my shsh blobs are no longer saved due to getting my phone replaced recently

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

Lol, you know Apple is waiting to do this in iOS 6.

I'm willing to bet you, the best feature for iOS 6 is going to be MAPS. Its going to have turn-by-turn and a lot of extra stuff. It just puzzles me why they haven't updated it. I thought there rumors about Apple making its own maps application.

9. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Didn't they buy a map/gps company for this exact purpose a while ago? We just haven't seen them produce anything... yet. I'm sure they're dying to untie themselves from Google.

They should also make their own Weather app. Why Yahoo!?