Why have apple got rid of the gold iPhone 6

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
You'll get a gold one to replace it, they keep plenty of old stock around for warranty replacement. Probably they still manufacture some parts at least if not the whole phone as well.

Reactions: eyoungren

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Probably to simplify production & incentivise sales of the 6S. The golden 6S models are likely to be popular, so why would they create bottlenecks in the supply chain by continuing to use resources on producing gold previous gens.

Barcafan89

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2015
England
Probably to simplify production & incentivise sales of the 6S. The golden 6S models are likely to be popular, so why would they create bottlenecks in the supply chain by continuing to use resources on producing gold previous gens.
True but the 6 is still gonna sell well because people can't always afford the latest hand helds

Barcafan89

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2015
England
If you did some research you would know that Apple updates the design every 2 years.
I was only joking with you don't take offence mate and yes I know I'm an expert on phones expect apple I just like to hear people's opinions instead of mine that's all :)

Take care

Mymadigirl

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2016
if mine breaks and I claim for a new one then I want a gold one not space grey! Thoughts ?
I talked to someone at Apple and they said if you do have a gold one and you break it, they will replace it with the same colour, they still have many gold iPhones. They are just not selling them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.