iPhone Why have i seemingly lost all my jailbreak settings??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by StinkyDonk, Sep 16, 2013.

1. StinkyDonk macrumors regular

iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 was/is jailbroken & everything working great.

I was on a forum on my break at work & i couldn't post anything, i couldn't quote anything .... it kept crashing & taking me back to the springboard.

I opened my settings, which was ok, but every time i tried to scroll while in settings, it'd crash & take me back to the springboard .... EVERY time.

So i turned the phone off, then turned it back on & that's when it seems to have lost all my settings.

* I now no longer have 5 icons across the bottom
    * My side-to-side scroll is standard, even though i have the barrel app. When i select to slide in a different manner, it doesn't work.
    * All my apps got scattered about all over the place
    * I DO still have Cydia in there, so i guess it's still jailbroken, but none of the settings
    * Except the font i have installed ... that thankfully remains. It's just about the only setting i've noticed that hasn't been put back to standard.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Did you check to see if it is in SafeMode ?
    If so, you may have to hard reboot it several times to get out of it.

If you downloaded/added/installed something from the forum you were in, that might have caused the failure - was it a trusted site (or not) ?

3. StinkyDonk thread starter macrumors regular

Having just typed all that out i noticed there were 3 updates required for Cydia. Updated & everything was put back the way it was .... after i spent 15 minutes arranging all my apps.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

good for you, the screen you experienced was safe-mode, you can thank saurik :cool: