Why have my icons not changed?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Radeon123, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Radeon123 macrumors newbie

Radeon123

Hey there,

I used candybar today and I was quite proud of how my mac would look now, so I applied changes and logged out, logged back in and... OH NOES! Some of my icons haven't changed???!?!?!?!?!!!!one!1!!

I managed to find out which icons HAD appeared and which hadn't. The .icns files I used from my Pry Black folder. The other versions such as Pry Etched which I downloaded at the same time and with Pry Black worked fine, and the icons are changed. But Pry Black was the main one I used to change my icons, but all of them come up with the Preview application image and ICNS underneath it as the icon.

Please help, and thanks very much in advance,

Radeon

:D

2. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Any joy since?

For some reason (more often with system icons) I find shutting down necessary, don't know why but still.

ps wish I never started with Candybar- first time I ended up wasting waay to much time getting a look together, something not being right, having to re-jig and start over. Even uninstalled and threw away the licence code. Anyway, long story short, bought a new licence and am still wasting time with it. (Pry's a nice icon set tho:D)

3. Radeon123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Radeon123

No, it's still not working :mad:

Are there any other free/trial programs I can use that you recommend?