Why? Huge delay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Garyhe23, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Garyhe23 macrumors newbie

Garyhe23

i am in WA Seattle nearby, my se shipped yesterday but today I found the message when I checked the tracking:

"Your package is delayed at export and is awaiting release from customs."

What happened!!!!??? Never happened before!!????? Is that a sign of huge delay?

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

From my experience ordering from Apple, I'd say its normal. The delay should not be long, probably a matter of hours only.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I have seen it before and it is not a big deal. At most a day delay and it will move again, possible not even a days delay.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

What others have said here. Relax. You'll get your iPhone soon. They have much more important stuff they have to get through the port they'll get you your iPhone.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It's coming from another country. Delays at customs are normal. As others have said, it's ok.

6. Garyhe23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Garyhe23

Thanks guys, feel better now. It is still shown as end of Monday delivery but I am pretty sure it will delay. Now it is mid-night in China and I don't think there will be any progress today.

7. Garyhe23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Garyhe23

okay, it seems to be a big delay. It is already more than 1 day but the status does not change at all. I guess the Chinese customs do. It work during weekend at all!!! What a good luck! I have no way to get my iPhone on time!

8. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I have seen this many times. Status will not change and stays the same and then all of a sudden it is in the USA. Status when in China can be very unpredictable.

What date did Apple promise your new device?

That is when it will be here or before.

You are driving yourself crazy:confused:

9. Garyhe23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Garyhe23

The date is April 11, I suspect it is not possible anymore...

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Incorrect. It's still very possible. Did it ship with "1-day" or "overnight" shipping?

11. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

The status update is not always accurate because there seems to be little to no updates until Fedex/UPS scans it in the US. These phones are shipped by pallets to the US, where they are sorted and sent to their final destination. If Apple gave you the 11th as your date, you will recieve it on the 11th barring any weather conditions preventing delivery. Try to relax, its on its way.

ETA: most frequently, its the status update that is delayed vs the package.

12. Garyhe23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Garyhe23

I just got a latest update- it was in departure scan (from hk) a monument ago. 1 day and a half were just wasted - I think it will be in delay delivery for sure.

13. tl01 macrumors 65816

It is possible there will be a delay. I have had phones ship from China and be here the next day so it could still arrive on time. Thing is...you won't know until it arrives and there isn't a thing you can do about it. I know it is frustrating...but customs happens.