Why I am getting the iPhone 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MN7119, Sep 11, 2014.

1. MN7119 macrumors regular

I've been reading a lot all the comments and as most people I was struggling to make a decision on which phone to pre order. This is why I decided to get the 6+:
    - I barely hold my iPhone by my ear to make calls. I either use a "in ear" bluetooth headset or the bluetooth system on my car;
    - The main use of my iPhone is to check emails, web and use apps. I do not make many calls on it. Most of my calls are Facetime calls;
    - I use my iPhone a lot as GPS on my car. The bigger screen will make a huge difference;
    - The iPhone is my day to day and travel camera. The 6+ has image stabilization and a bigger screen;
    - I make lots of videos of my kids;
    - Yes, the phone seems huge but it is exactly the same size of a checkbook. It fits in my pocket;
    - When I got my first 55" TV I thought it was huge on my wall. I am now ready to move to a 70";

I guess most of us are afraid of change. We are used to a smaller size but I am pretty sure in 1 week after having the 6+ we will all be very happy with our decision. Also, I have to believe that Apple designers did some research before making a phone that size. I don't think they just decided to make a monster for no reason. I will get it and worst case scenario I will have 14 days to return under Apple policy. :D

2. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

Pretty much exactly why I'm getting the iPhone 6 Plus as well! I've been wanting a larger screen phone for so long and the 4.7" just doesn't seem bigger enough.

3. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

Well said. Totally agree, and those are basically the same reasons I am debating selling my 5S and moving to the 6+

4. sholzer macrumors regular

+1 ip6+ will be replacing my 5s and my retina ipad mini. It's a good all in one device IMO

5. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Similar upgrade from a 5 to the 6+ here. I do make calls, but maybe 20 minutes a month. Most of the interaction is games, media browsing, watching video or listening to audio. The additional space, battery life and screen size is, for me, worth the investment.

Yes it's bigger, but I have pockets, so I can deal with it