Why I am waiting til after Christmas for my Touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andrew K., Dec 8, 2008.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

So I have been waiting for something to replace my 30GB 5th Gen for a while and I was about ask for a 32GB Touch for Christmas... BUT!!!!!!! With MWSF 09 coming 10 days after I decided to wait because iPods should get a bump in Storage and maybe a Price Drop so I could get a 64GB Touch for $399 or even $449 just in time for my Bday in February :) Are you guys waiting?

P.S. ( I am 20 and can buy my own ipod just to let you know before you think I am a little kid )

2. TMC2k1 macrumors member

I'm getting a 32GB Touch for Christmas. Not waiting.

3. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Probably not going to happen. The new ipods would release during the fall season.

4. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

How come in your signature it says you alrdy have an 8gb ipod touch? and if this is true, why do you also have an iPhone lol. You Apple crazy consumers confuse me.

5. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

Sometimes having multiple ipods is nice. Having a touch you can save battery on your phone. Also, with 64 gb, you could store a rather extensive library of video. It would serve soley as your entertainment player.

Hmm, the idea of a larger touch as a tablet sounds really nice now all of a sudden.

6. 7even macrumors 6502a

I wonder if they'll start making special pants with an extra large pocket to accomodate that, since it's an iPod and all. :D

7. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

The 64GB may be coming out but don't expect a price decrease. There is no way they're going to lower the 8GB model any lower than what it is right now and I highly doubt after just releasing it that they're going to drop it and make the 16GB model the cheaper version like many have speculated.

8. tdevers macrumors regular

I'm waiting to see what happens after Christmas as well. My Nano will hold me over until then.

9. 03 Hodag macrumors member

Apple bumped up the 1st generation iPod Touch capacity after Xmas '07 from 16 to 32gb. Its not entirely unlikely that Apple will do the same for the 2nd generation after MWSF and go from 32 to 64gb. While they wouldn't release a "new" iPod Touch, they very well may increase capacity again.

Tons of people will get 32gb iPod Touches for Xmas then suddenly if the 64gb Touch comes out, people won't have the top of the line model any more. This way Apple keeps the consumer's desire for the top of line model fresh for the second half of the 2nd generation Touch's life cycle. From a marketing perspective this is advantageous for Apple. Its what happened last year.

I've been anxiously waiting for the 64gb Touch as well. I've come so close to buckling and using the Microsoft Live eBay discount to get a 32gb Touch but I've taken my finger off the trigger until after MWSF.

The 64gb Touch isn't a sure thing after MWSF, but my fingers are crossed that Apple doesn't make me look like an idiot for patiently waiting.....

10. ZuneMan? macrumors regular

Very strange indeed. Maybe he lost them?

11. acedew macrumors member

Must be a 1G.

When I see that people have a Touch as well as their iPhone, it makes me so glad that I just bought a Touch. :p

12. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

YUP! its a 1G! haha Giving it to the Girlfriend for school she doesnt have alotta music like me : D I like having different ipods

Getting a nano 8GB Blue for Christmas ( FOR RUNNING ) I'm a big runner

1G feels weird and my belkin armband just broke so JUST IN TIME!

and iPhone only used when out and about for Media

64GB will play through my Stereo in my Truck and all 20 movies everywhere else

13. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

Holy christ.... send me a few bucks if you have so much! lol

14. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

No just alota work ( 2 jobs ) and alota people who love me :D

15. xxbrankxx macrumors member

Yeah I've been thinking the same thing too about waiting for a larger iTouch. It would be awesome to have one 64GB+ in size cause I wanna be able to fit not just all my music but also some movies and some apps on there. I have an 80GB Video iPod and it's great but I would really like to be able to check my mail and be online through WiFi on the go (alot cheaper than buying a MacBook!). Plus the CoverFlow option is really cool looking. I tried seeing CoverFlow on one at a Best Buy but the way they have them locked down to the displays you can't turn it to the side without setting off the theft alarm attached to it. But yeah I guess I'll wait to see if they announce a HDD increase and then I'm definitely on deck.