Why I believe macbook pros will not be refreshed before November

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zephirus, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Zephirus macrumors member

Hello everyone, I have a story that may show how we will not be getting new macbook pros for a while.

My dad works at a university and every 5 years, teachers are allowed to choose a computer from a small list that they get pretty much free. In the list were the top 20" iMac and the basic macbook pros configured with present specs. This year, a total of 400 people are going to get a free computer this way and it is said not to expect any notebooks before the end of october.

My assumption is that apple is providing low price discounts for the university before they refresh the line.

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

That makes a fair bit of sense and thanks for the story. Certainly, it makes a welcome change from the multiple "when will the MB/MBP be released" threads, to have a post with some evidence for a thoughtful conclusion.

It seems to me that Apple will possibly take their time on this one; anyway, it's better that they iron out potential glitches at this pre-release stage, rather than have to deal with it subsequently.
    Cheers

3. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

4. workerbee macrumors member

What?!

I thought it was last Tuesday?

Oh, wait...

5. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

no it was the Tuesday before the last one :rolleyes:

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

The time space continuum takes on a whole new dimension when contemplating Tuesday in the Apple universe.
    Cheers

7. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

We should all pray to Jobs that it's next Tuesday!!

8. Breegy macrumors 6502

Breegy

I agree. Rather than get stuck with a very glitchy Rev. A product, I'd be happy to wait an extra month or two for something far more near perfect.