Why I bought an IPad Pro over a PC tablet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macguy360, Mar 21, 2016.

1. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

First off, let me just say that I know there are trade offs in terms of productivity when using an iPad over a full PC with a non-mobile operating system. But this post is not about arguing productivity.

I think the big selling point of buying an Apple product is it is like buying a car from a dealership. You go to the dealership, pick out what you want, work face to face with a person that you can clearly communicate with. If you have issues later on with the car, you take it back to the dealership and they fix it. Additionally, the car company is really good about rolling out software updates to the car to bring additional features.

When you buy a pc, it is like buying a used car from a company that no longer exists. You buy it off craigslist, it may be brand new but it could still have problems right off the bat. If it does have problems, you try calling another country to speak to about that car and they are hard to communicate with. Then they will either get you to try some random things to fix the car such as starting it and then turning it off over and over. After hours of speaking to this person you can barely understand, they end up having you take this car and have it shipped off to some unknown place to get worked on where realistically it will sit for weeks and weeks before anyone gets around to working on it. Then they send the car back to you and sometimes the problem isn't even fixed. So you go through the whole process all over again.

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

So you're saying it's all about the customer service experience. It's certainly hard to top Apple in that regard, but if you do want a PC in the future I would suggest buying directly from the Microsoft Store. That's as close to the Apple Store experience as you're going to get in PC land, and it's really not too far off.

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

your pc buying experience is extremely narrow.

we buy new pc's most frequently with a great customer experience and after sales support. why would we not???
    (never off Craigslist or other small ads i hasten to add)

4. lparsons21 macrumors 6502

lparsons21

I haven't been to a Microsoft store since one is not anywhere near me, but I had used their online store and after sale support. While not quite up to Apple's standards, it is very good and seems to be getting better.

5. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

Your PC story/analogy is wacky.

If the iPP works for you, fine. But I don't see what you're trying to say here.

6. sparksd macrumors 6502a

I've been buying PCs for over 30 years now, never having the experience you're describing.