Why I bought the new iPad and not MBA

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stockcerts, Mar 12, 2012.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I've had an iPad 2 since release day. I have used it almost every day and have really enjoyed it. I love FlipBoard, and doing Facebook on the iPad.

Several weeks ago I came really close to buying a new MBA. I think it's an amazing laptop! But then good judgement crept in and I realized that I don't have a need for creating documents outside of home (I have an iMac).

In light of this, I decided to splurge and get the new iPad. I love some of the apps, and like I said....I use it every day. I just bought a new Timbukt2 backpack with a great compartment for laptops (in my case it will be an iPad compartment). I'm really looking forward to the big improvement in resolution, and the faster processor will be nice as well.

I did manage to also show some restraint and not upgrade my iPhone 4. I'm going to hold out for this summer and the next model, the iPhone 5, or maybe it will just be called the iPhone. :rolleyes:

2. GoGa macrumors regular

GoGa

Good choice! I would of done the same too.

My iPad has replaced my laptop, but I do still have an iMac that I only really use for a media server and heavy tasks like photoshop.

An iPad is one of those things where you don't think you need one untill you've got one, then you'll find it hard to live without.
    It's probably the best tech product I've ever bought! :)

3. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

I'm in the same boat as you. I have an 27" iMac, but still use my iPhone a ton to read email and web browse while at home. I think the iPad will fill the spot between my iPhone and iMac quite well. I would love to have a MBA, but I just couldn't justify the cost. As far as the iPhone is concerned, I am waiting for the iPhone 5 as well.

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I agree and I'm debating if I want to maybe get something like a zaggfolio.

5. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

I've been without my iPad 2 since last Thursday. I listed it on eBay with an ending auction date to coincide with the Apple announcement. I'm having withdrawl symptoms.

My new iPad will be delivered to my office on Friday....can hardly wait!!

----------

I think you'll find that once you get your iPad you'll use your iPhone much less for web browsing and things like Facebook. I love bringing mine to the local coffee shops. I always plan my day to be at Starbucks (across the street from work) 30 minutes prior to being in the office. I love chilling out with my iPad, reading the news, checking out Facebook, and reading my e-mails. Now and then I see people at the Starbucks with their PC laptops, and it just looks so awkward to me (no coolness factor at all).

I work with a few guys that are anti-Apple (bastards). I plan on showing them how cool the Retina display is when it arrives at my office on Friday. :p

6. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

I agree!!! I think that your assesment is spot on!!

7. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

I have The Ultimate Sleeve from SFBags.com. I really like their products, and they are made locally in San Francisco....like my new Timbuk2 backpack.

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/sleevecases-ipad.php

I'm hoping my existing Ultimate Sleeve will work with my new iPad...I think it will as the size difference is minimal.

8. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

^ Should work.

I was looking at the zaggfolio mainly for the bluetooth keyboard.

I think that'd be a nice addition. The SFbags are nice though. I've been eyeing them for a while.