Why I finally Jailbroke my iPod Touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by philosopherdog, Jul 28, 2010.

1. philosopherdog macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

I made the mistake of installing the iOS4 on my 2g Touch like a lot of others. What a nightmare. Battery life dropped right off, it was buggy and all I really got was the ability to group applications. When I went to downgrade back to 3.1.3 I found that Apple wouldn't let me do that either! Enough is enough with Big Brother Apple. So I looked into jailbreaking the Touch. It's totally simple. I first restored the 3.1.2 firmware and then I used the redsn0w jailbreak software. It took all of 5 minutes. I now have multitasking using ProSwitcher (there are others), and a bunch of other very cool features that are light years ahead of Apple's snail's pace development. I just wanted to report my experience. Basically a Jailbroken 2g Touch has way more features and the same battery life it had under 3.1.2. I love Apple's products, but the iOS4 pushed me too far. Jailbreaking enhanced my user experience and installing Apple's iOS4 did not.

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Hmmmmm... I dont think i will anyways, especially since im getting the Touch 4G. But thanks for posting your experience!

3. UkMacFan macrumors newbie

How did you do that?? Every time I try to restore i just get Error 3194 and that my iPod is not eligible for the software

4. Kafluke macrumors member

For redsn0w 1.7 to work you must first downgrade to 3.1.2. If you are getting an error when downgrading you may want to read this post I left in another thread.