Why i got black screen on my macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Perryrocks, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Perryrocks macrumors newbie

Hey guys my macbook pro was sleeping by the way it has really old software(10.4)So when i tried to open my macbook i saw a black screen.This happened to me couple of times before i fixed them with removing battery of macbook and starting again and it worked.Now when i try that i still sea blank screen.What should i do to fix this?Thanks everyone!

2. Perryrocks thread starter macrumors newbie

And i can turn on volume i can hear that click sound but it still has stupid black screen!

3. Perryrocks thread starter macrumors newbie

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Sounds like you're going to need a trip to an Apple service center.

5. ancelrick, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

ancelrick macrumors member

ancelrick

"within four years of the original date of purchase" so this means nothing if the machine shipped with 10.4.

it's either a bad display or mother board, so a repair is the solution.

6. Perryrocks thread starter macrumors newbie

But i dont know why my mac didnt have problem for 5 years and i got it right now.I hope someone can help me is there anyway to fix this trouble?

7. ibebyi macrumors member

If the previous poster is correct in saying you're only eligible for free repair/replacement within 4 years of original purchase, you may be out of luck. There is no "fix" for the 8600 gt problem as I'm almost certain that that problem was 100% hardware and not software.

8. ivoruest, Jul 11, 2012

ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

Only models bought after March 2008 are covered. I had this problem and I was told only post March 2008. But you should give it a try. I went to an Authorized Apple Dealer. They are supposed to give the same attention as the Apple Stores.

9. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

This is not true. My mid-2007 model was affected and repaired.

It might be worth a try to go to an Apple dealer and have it looked at, they might repair it for free or cheaper. I don't think there's anything else you can do.

10. sofianito, Jul 11, 2012

sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

Check these links out. They might be related to your issue:
    http://russell.heistuman.com/2010/0...ng-my-macbook-pro-logic-board/comment-page-1/

http://phaq.phunsites.net/2011/03/08/baking-recipe-to-fix-broken-macbook-logicboard/

Two months ago, my wife had the same issue with her late 2007 MacBook Pro Santa Rosa 17". While we could hear the hard drive spin up and the optical drive go through its start-up whirrings, there was no start-up chime and no effort to display anything on screen. Since the Applecare warranty ended, I am planning to fix her computer during my next vacations...

11. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

I'm sorry, I meant, COVERED not affected. I must have confused myself while writing.

Also, they told me only that it would be covered if 4 years after the date of purchase. They claim that after 4 years everything can happen. There has been some people that have managed to get some refunds or replacements after a long battle with Apple's lawyers. I did got a Logic Board replacement with not much effort.