Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brig2221

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Here is why I hate the newly released Retina screen on the new MacBook pro's. It makes every other screen out there look like stinking garbage!

I work out of my home office and have a fairly large desk that is setup like a boomerang. On on side I have my old 15" laptop, in the middle my new 15" rRMB, and on the other side my 15" corporate laptop.

I doodle around on my new MacBook, and then literally reposition my chair to my work computer or my other laptop, and all I see are ugly damn pixels everywhere!

If you haven't figured it out yet, I don't really hate the new Retina MacBook Pro, I in fact love it. That said, I'm truly not exaggerating at all when I say I hate looking at my other laptop screens now. I am truly spoiled!

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I was on my iMac and told husband the same thing and that we should sell the iMac since I won't use it again. :p

rkuo

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2010
Knew this post was going to say something like this the minute I read the title.

boomboom2

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
My 1080p monitors are Retina class. I can't see individual pixels unless I lean in close!

jcpb

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
I hate the MBPR's screen because it effectively makes all sub-200ppi screens look terrible.

/s

pacman7331

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2006
Here is why I hate the newly released Retina screen on the new MacBook pro's. It makes every other screen out there look like stinking garbage!

I work out of my home office and have a fairly large desk that is setup like a boomerang. On on side I have my old 15" laptop, in the middle my new 15" rRMB, and on the other side my 15" corporate laptop.

I doodle around on my new MacBook, and then literally reposition my chair to my work computer or my other laptop, and all I see are ugly damn pixels everywhere!

If you haven't figured it out yet, I don't really hate the new Retina MacBook Pro, I in fact love it. That said, I'm truly not exaggerating at all when I say I hate looking at my other laptop screens now. I am truly spoiled!

Lol, u should have left it without the last paragraph... would have been more admirable IMHO.

chicken...

ajcadoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
Agree with the OP. I use a system at work at 600x480 res on a 15" screen. It is UGLY!

Even my 2009 MBP which I just formatted, looks bad. IDK how I worked on that thing :D

01mggt

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Was it really necessary to make a new thread with a decidedly disingenuous title just to say this?

Was it really necessary to respond with a negative comment just to say this?

There are a millions threads complaining about the rmbp. Let us enjoy one thread that's not full of gripes about tiny things that will be fixed in the next 6 months or so.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Saw it on display at the local Apple Store and it is gorgeous but I can wait for the next version. Still not sure about the removal of the optical drive...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.