Why I Love Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supervelous, Sep 25, 2015.

1. supervelous macrumors 6502

This morning I went in for my 8am reservation. Got there at 7:50 and was able to get right in at 8am since reserves had their own separate line. Was buying full price and intending to use Apple Pay to get the 10% off Discover cash back bonus. With tax it came to $900 so that's a decent amount of cash back.

Well, time came to pay and it didn't work. When I held my iPhone to the reader Apple Pay pulled up but wouldn't successfully register either my fingerprint nor my passcode. I tried numerous times, called Discover to make sure not on their end, removed and readded my card, rebooted, erased settings and added again. Numerous Apple people tried to help. They were waiting on me for 45 minutes just trying to get it to work.

Finally he suggests if I am getting a case or other accessories for my phone they would be willing to comp up to $90 to match my lost savings. Well, before that we try one more thing and somehow changing my passcode from 6 digits to 4 then trying again seemed to resolve the issue and it worked!!

They then tell me since it took so long pick out $90 worth of stuff free anyway. This is why I like doing business with Apple. Most companies and their employees wouldn't have bent over backwards with line of people to get me a bonus for almost an hour without losing their patience, then give me free stuff on top of that. kudos Apple!

2. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Apple has a super abundance of cash to give away stuff like you experienced. When one pays $900 for a phone Apple's fat profits allow them to look good. A brilliant strategy.

3. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

That's awesome, I love hearing about experiences like this. A couple months ago I was having a lot of trouble with my base model early 2013 15" rMBP and after a few repairs, they offered to replace it with a top of the line mid 2015 15" rMBP. Their customer support is second to none, and is one of the reasons I love buying their products.