Why I Love Mac OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aaron.lee2006, Mar 11, 2008.

1. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

So I'm sitting at my PC last night. I have an HP DVD Writer/Video Capture device. So I go to turn on the writer/open the software to record some TV. Hmmmmm Blue Screen of Death. OK I figured I just installed the hardware so it must be the drivers, nope that didn't work so after a long time of trying to make it work the computer decides to permanently crash on me, locking me out of all my files and not letting me touch a thing. I would never have these problems with Mac OS X and that's why I love it so much. It is the most stable operating system I've ever used! Good thing I have that PC and my 2 Macs :D

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Thanks for sharing! I hope you can get that setup to behave with your Mac. If you have problems don't be afraid to ask here. :)

3. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Yah I normally would ask PC questions here but I'll save those for my Macs. I worked on PCs for 11 years before I got my first Mac. I should be fine. But seriously for all those people out there deciding between PCs and Macs, GO FOR THE MAC! I couldn't be happier that I switched! :)

4. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

I agree that Macs are muhc better then PC's. But its alot harder to convince people that.

Non-mac users dont realize how great OS X is, they think all of us "mac fanboys" are over-exagerating it. So when you say "you really should just get a mac, you'll be happy I promise" they say something like "psht, why should i pay more for a computer then i already do? Expecially when my computers always have problems, it wouldnt make sense to buy an expensive one" My reply every time is "because your unhappy with your current computer, and macs wont give you problems" His reply is "Whatever, I'll just buy another cheap computer... at least I wont be spending 1000+ bucks for just one computer" After that I usually just give up, and let him do as he wishs...

5. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Exactly, I have no doubt this Mac is going to last me a few years without problems. I only had one problem with OS X and it was my fault for messing with things I shouldn't have. :p I have a PC and a Mac because I use the PC for gaming and my Macs for school/personal multi-media things.

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

oh games. how much better is osx? really depends what u use ur personal computer for, and how you use it.

mac isn't for everybody.

7. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

Friend of ours currently can't connect to the Internet or use her computer at all because of a virus that was sending out spam. My wife proceeded to tell her how I was a Mac-nut, and the friend said it all was over her head. So I said that the thing to know is that PCs waste a lot more of your time through viruses and crashing/rebooting, whereas a Mac simply closes the program that isn't working and you then reopen it. Also there are a phenomenal number of viruses on Windows compared to a Mac, to which my wife chipped in that that is because there aren't as many about (a stock phrase learnt from her father who has read too much windows propaganda) - to which I replied, of course, 'no it is simply that OS X is a better OS than Windows'.

8. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

+1

I use a OS X for work, for browsing, and editing. Windows I use for gaming, and annoying people.