Why I love MacRumors

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by guydude193, Aug 25, 2009.

1. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

To me, MacRumors Forums is more than a forum dedicated to Apple products. More than a forum dedicated to the help for Apple products. To me, MacRumors Forums is a community.

In all my years of being on the internet, and going around from forum to forum, this is the best forum. Why? Aside from all the Apple tech goodness, there's a sub-forum dedicated to helping one another out with life problems. Whether it's if somebody should buy a new car, or how to get a girlfriend, the MacRumors Forum members are always here to help. You may say, "Well, plenty of other forums have that." While that's true, none of those forums I've been to are so helping and caring to one another.

If you think about it, we're all one big... family. A big, tech-obsessed family. Sure, we argue time to time, but name a family who doesn't! In the end, we're all here to help one another, no matter how silly things may get.

This post might be pointless to some of you, but I felt the need to express my gratitude to all of the forum members. I've learned so many things, be it about Apple, or life. I truly believe I have become a better person by taking the constructive criticism that everyone here seems to give one another about social life and how to be a social person.

If you're a person who surfs around this forum looking for advice, yet you've not signed up, I encourage you to do so. It is, for me, a life changing experience that I will cherish forever.

Chris Pirillo, this is how Social Networking should be. :D

~Guy

2. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

i agree with everything posted above and theres not half as many trolls in these forums as other forums that you could go to

3. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

MR is the only forum I have over 10 posts in except maybe insanleymac which I have very little in.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I love Macrumors too. The only downside I can think of is the insane amount of windows trolls lately who do nothing but bash OSX, defend windows, and tell you your wrong for liking OSX : /

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

This is a great place, there is personality on here, which makes it personable.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

7. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

MR should integrate with Facebook users. That'd be fun. Haha. Although I wouldn't see how that would work out.

8. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Good god no....

Facebook posting almost made a mess out of jalopnik, in fact, they may have stopped allowing them, not sure

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well OS X does have a lot of issues and Windows is great in many ways. :D

10. 4D4M macrumors regular

4D4M

Too true. Try calling one a troll though, and see how quickly your post is removed by a questionable moderator.

11. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Define questionable moderator? :confused:

Since I've been on here I've found the moderation to be fair and reasonable. They probably make the odd mistake every now and then but it's a lot more even handed on here than other forums I've visited.

12. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

True. It feels more like an online community than other forums. And also agree on the fact that there are less trolls.

13. philipt42 macrumors 6502

philipt42

What can I say?
    I totally agree!
    Great atmosphere, everyone is helpful, friendly (usually) and passionate.
    And the MUSIC forum is awesome! On an apple site, the MUSIC forum, and photography forums are great. 'That really says something about MR.

14. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Yes, it's great to see the intellectual discussions / good ideas here.

The rules are pretty strict but the rules and the hard working moderators keep the discussions civilized.

Well, you can tell them they are just not as cool as
    Obama, George Clooney, Lance Armstrong
    (articles on those Mac users and more on http://ObamaPacman.com)

You can also set them to your ignore list.

If they are rude or violate forum rules you can report them using the red triangle.