Why I love my iPhone = Freedom, what about you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ItsJustafnPhone, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

Currently sitting at a random mom and pop coffee shop (no wifi = plenty of comfortable tables, not swarming with people with laptops hogging up the place)

I've been doing questions from an online database
    Using wikipedia to look up random facts
    Listening to music, using the iPhone remote
    responding to text/fb messages/e-mails

all for the past 4.5 hours, and still have 40% battery left running 3G at full brightness

I love the fact I can leave my house with my books and my iPhone and not have to worry about whether the place I'm going to has enough seating,wifi, or outlets

2. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

You know, this is a GREAT post!
    I've done many of the same and similar things using my iPhone.
    I'll call someone, talk about restaurants to meet at, check the address, make a reservation, text a group of people, research something, access my cloud based information and have a video call with someone, etc. without even stopping to think that a very few years ago, not only was none of this possible without a laptop, but it would have been slow, frustrating and consuming of a boatload of battery life. To say nothing of the fact that the entire device fits in my jeans pocket. It's pretty impressive!

3. rust0r macrumors member

This is a great answer for all of those people who, with their mono-color phones and the greatest feature on it is a calculator, constantly ask "what in the world do you need a phone like that for"

I don't own a Mac or have anything else Apple related, I had (and still have) an 80GB iPod classic which has been shelfed upon getting my iP4.

It really is amazing just how handy it is in day to day life. My favorites are using GPS apps like "Poynt" to find food or movie times wherever I am, looking up random information, GPS directions, news and some games. I think back to only 4-5 years ago when everyone thought the Razer was the **** and laugh at how simplistic it's functions actually were.

Coming from several blackberries, lastly the Bold 2 9700 (which I ditched after owning it for a month once I saw the iP4) it's like day and night, yes I miss BBM, don't do nearly as much conversing via txt on my iP4 as I did on my BB, but truthfully that is the ONLY thing I miss (and randomly the keyboard, best keyboard ever IMO), but BB doesn't provide nearly the ease of use for finding information, web surfing, hell it doesn't even do 80% of what the iP4 does.

As the OP said, I love being able to grab my phone and head out the door, knowing that I am practically folding up a personal assistant with computing abilities and stuffing it in my pocket.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I don't know what Apple has done to me, but I can't imagine ever leaving the house without my iphone either. I think in some circles, they call it brainwash. :cool:

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You mean crack. ;) Cause I'm definitely an addict.

6. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Although I have yet to feel 100% comfortable leaving for a multi-day trip without a full laptop in tow, there are many day-trips I'll take where having just my iPhone is enough. The trick for me is Dropbox so I can still access my work files and/or send them to others. I've even done a full PowerPoint-derived presentation using just my iPhone before (albeit rendered as a PDF and displayed using component cable output to a projector). It really is a powerful smartphone/mini-computer. Back in the 2G days I was really loathe to abandon my Blackberry for it as it was missing so many core features. But with each release it just gets better and better and the apps available for it make it so much more valuable than the sum of its parts.

A little better battery life and I'd almost rate it 5 stars.

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Wow, you're picky about the battery life. I think it's amazing for what the phone does. It gets me through an entire day (normal usage) and that's all I'm asking from it.

8. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I talk on the phone 3 hours per day minimum, usually with Bluetooth running. That plus heavy email/web usage, half of that with WiFi enabled, means I'm lucky if I'm getting a full workdays' usage out of my iPhone on a single charge.

Everyone's usage differs. That's why when someone says "I get a full day between charges!" it really means absolutely nothing. You have to understand individual usage.

On my wife's Droid 1, for example, she gets almost two days use out of it between charges. But she talks maybe 15 mins per day and surfs or has the screen on maybe another 30 minutes to an hour. That's under 1 hour of use + 48 hours of standby.

9. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I like to think of my iPhone 4 as a smarter, faster, slimmer :D version of my electronic self.