Why I love my Iphone........

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PaulMBPEngland, Sep 13, 2008.

1. PaulMBPEngland macrumors newbie

PaulMBPEngland

I got my first mobile phone back in 1991 when I was 18
    I didn't really need it and I couldn't really afford it but from day one I was amazed by it and ever since I have always more or less had the latest phone but over the last 2 or 3 years there weren't any major changes and even the so called best phones had build quality issuses.
    Then along came the apple iPhone. I'd always admired apple products but had never actually had the need for one until now. I bought my first iphone last December, 4 weeks after they were released here in England. I know there have been problems but they really are a fantastic device. The features compared to a standard phone are amazing and they are built well and they look stunning. I now have a iPhone 3g and it really is a great device. Even update days keep things interesting.
    As I was so impressed with my iPhone I thought if there phones are this good I wonder what there computers are like. So I got myself a MacBook pro and then a iMac. Both very good as well. Any I'll shut up now and I will go back to
    moaning about the lack of cut and paste! But one more thing guess what I am typing this post on ????........ Correct !

2. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

That's a pretty cool story. It's nice to hear good things once in a while since lots of people (myself included) tend to only complain in places like this.

3. anbshilling macrumors newbie

Thanks for the positive review! :) Theres too much negative about the iphones on here. I love my iphone too. I don't expect it to be perfect. All in all, its just a phone. We are all likely to get the next latest and greatest in the next year or two anyway, so might as well just enjoy what you have now. The next one won't be perfect either. I wish people would just be glad that they have the freakin thing. So many people wish they did, but can't afford it or whatever the case may be and never will.

4. chanatown macrumors member

5. anbshilling macrumors newbie

Great review, thanks for sharing! :)

6. PaulMBPEngland thread starter macrumors newbie

PaulMBPEngland

Brilliant review , are you a journalist ?

7. chanatown macrumors member

Wow, thanks a lot for the compliment. No, I'm just an average Joe (David, really) in the states (Chicago, IL) with a love for gadgets, with one in particular dominating my time recently. Cheers!

8. Animalk macrumors 6502

"Touché".

9. sibruk macrumors 6502a

No, iTouching.

10. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I have taken the leap!!!

After the 2.1 update and positive reviews here and most other forums, I purchased the 3G and have retired my classic. My classic has served me very well over the last 14 months and it will be my standby in case the 3G has problems. So far I seem to have a good one and everything sync'd without a hitch. All of my classic data restored without a hick-up and everything transfered...to include the picture roll. So...to flow with the thread, I love my new 3G...SO FAR and have always loved my classic!!!

11. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Agreed. At work customers give back their WM PDAs because the value just isn't there.