Why I really like my iMac now!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by seniorgeek, Feb 11, 2012.

1. seniorgeek macrumors member

I broke down and bought an OEM Windows 7, installed it with bootcamp and I love it, I now have the best of both worlds. I can just reboot and run all my open source Microsoft web design software and Quicken, and may go back to Outlook, I love having contacts, calendar and email in one package and t I find the rules work better for me in Outlook vs Mail. I can also use my MP 3 player again.

I do like Lion and Numbers, I have several spreadsheets that work great. I also now have Lightroom installed under Lion and it works great.

Life is good!

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

You know you can play MP3's on Mac too right??? (Unless you are talking about a specific program you like verses just playing MP3s).

3. camardelle macrumors 6502

Bootcamp question

When you power up the iMac after installing windows, does it give you the option of what system you want to boot up? How does it work/llok?

4. seniorgeek thread starter macrumors member

I meant my MP3 player that is not recognized by iTunes.

----------

Yu just hold down the option key and choose whatever operating system you want, at this time I have Lion as the default.

5. camardelle macrumors 6502

Thanks

I only have one program that won't run or can be replaced by a Mac version so I'm checking this thread closely. I figure you used the utility included on the Mac to do this, correct? Was it simple enough to accomplish? Sorry about all the noob questions. :eek:

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I'm going to recommend you go buy a program called VMWare Fusion 4. It allows you to run your Boot Camp partition without restarting inside a virtual computer on your desktop. Really nice and cost-effective program; it's about 50$.

7. seniorgeek thread starter macrumors member

I actually own VMFusion and was running it with Vista, the issue is that Lion crashed and took my Windows installation down since VMFusion was running at the time. I only use Windows for Visual Web Developer and Web Matrix so I don't have a problem rebooting into it, It is faster and smoother using it with Bootcamp then with VMFusion.

----------

It is extremely easy to use Bootcamp and install Windows 7, I printed out the instructions and didn't really need to follow them. You first need to download the Windows support files, they are available when you first run Bootcamp. Go for it. Windows 7 is very nice on a modern iMac.