Why I returned my iPhone 6 after 12 days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sammybernard, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Sammybernard macrumors newbie

So I will start by saying that this my first post here. The reason I start with that is because seeing how some of the posters have been attacked on this forum lately I want to just its upfront because sooner or later someone is bound to call me a 'Android Troll'. Actually my friends would call me an apple fanboy so it's a matter of perspective since they love Android. Anyways I actually became an apple convert with the IPhone 4. Prior to that I was actually an android fanboy. Anyways once college was over and Instarted working I needed a device that just worked. One that did what I wanted without me hacking it to do whatnI wanted. Yes you can make android do whatever you want but when productivity is what you wanted I soon realized apple ecosystem is what suited my needs. also with income coming in when Instarted working I could afford to splurge on the apple products or as my friends call it apple tax. Anyways I absolutely fell in love with the ecosystem and soon my I had a MacBook Pro, a iMac for my desktop and and iPad along with my iphone. Everything worked and it still does. Also more importantly they looked just amazing. The piece of rectangular glass with its sharp square edges just looked like a piece of art and it knocked any other phone out of the park in the looks department. IOS itself was smooth and I could not care less how much ram it had or howmany CPu cores it's had. It worked and worked well. iPhone was white basically what every other phone wanted to be.

I bought the iPhone 6 a few days after it came out and I have to say i'be been rather disappointed. With the bigger screen, curved edges I somehow felt that iphone is trying to be android rather than the otherway around. Even ios 8 with its widgets is trying to be what it's traditionally not been. Not to mention a slight creeping in of bloat ware with that stupid tips app that you can't get rid off. In the 12 days that I had the phone I was finding myself trying to find different ways of holding it so that it wouldn't fall from my hand. The metalic materials and curved edges kept giving me the feeling that the darn thing is going to fall ... Instead of just using the phone for what I wanted to do I became more obsessed with handling it with care. Even when I put the phone on the coffee table it didnot have the panache and beauty that the iPhone 4 and 5 series had just looking at it. I have upgraded my iPhone every year with every iteration and it's been love at first site each time. This time around however I was finding reasons to love the phone but every time I looked at my 5s i just loved it over the 6. So I today returned my iPhone 6. Not because of bend gate or anything else but simply because I just couldnot get myself to love it. There is nothing the phone offers that begs an upgrade from the 5s to me and more importantly I just didn't like the design direction apple took with it. I really hope apple continues with the 4 in category and not just turn it into a discount/entry level category.

2. deadstockmarket macrumors regular

deadstockmarket

3. MushroomJesus macrumors regular

Sorry it didn't live up to your expectations but for many of us it did and we're very happy. :)

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

I finally got mine today and love it. Good news for you is that the 5S is still a very good phone and will probably be useful for several more years.

5. CoyoteRidge macrumors member

I love my 6, but I too would gladly exchange it for a 64GB 5S if I could get one for $199. Unfortunately Apple only offers the 16 or 32.

6. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Hey, to each their own. The 6 and 6 Plus aren't for everyone.

7. AliMacs macrumors 6502

Dude, see you in line for iPhone 6S+:D

8. Sammybernard thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol ... You totally might ... In 1 year there might be something groundbreaking that apple offers and my needs change drastically that I want a bigger phone and either I get used to the new look or decide to look over it but for now I didn't think it offered much. And as its been said in one of the posts to each their own and I don't doubt it that many people are happy with it ... Apple did sell 10 million or so of these already. I think for some folks though the new form factor might impede day to day functions when you just want to be able to get stuff done one handed and not have to caress the phone. This is not meant to be a rant about why people shouldn't buy the 6 or 6 plus but more to foster discussion that hopefully will lead apple to continue produce 4 inch phones two ... You can have phones in all three categories with similar internals.

9. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Sorry it didn't work out for ya........even though I didn't bother to read that mountain of text. :p

10. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I also prefer the design of the 5S, but the larger/higher resolution screen and better battery life of the 6 Plus was a no brainer for me. Throw in Apple Pay and that was it.

11. wxman2003 Suspended

There is no shame in preferring the 5S over the 6.

12. justindavis098 macrumors member

Can't please everyone. As for me I'm pleased . I've had every iPhone and the 6+ is my favorite.

13. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Well I will start by saying I have had my iPhone 6 since launch day September 19th and for me it is much better designed than that of the 5 or the 5s. I never liked the design of the 5/5s so I was very happy which direction Apple took with the phone and iOS 8.

In other words I love my iPhone 6 much more then I ever did my 5s.

Thank You

14. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

"Caress the phone"? I treat the 6 Plus I have no different than the 5s I upgraded from, outside of having to tell everyone that "yes, it is a 6 Plus in my pocket and that I am also happy to see them."

15. WilliamG macrumors G3

The 6 Plus is the more noticeable upgrade. Better battery life (especially screen-off battery life) and a MASSIVELY better screen than the 5s. I agree the 6 isn't as impressive.

16. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Not the best release this year for hardware and software. I was set on getting the 6 but changed my mind.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Get what works best for you.

18. greatness macrumors member

19. BrentwoodTWO macrumors member

20. ttmrn macrumors regular

did u just register to tell us that?

wow... u srsly need to get laid.

21. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

Although rude, the previous two responses made me laugh.

22. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Thats alright OP, the iPhone 5s is still a fine phone. I loved mine, but when Apple said "It'll come in two screen sizes" that was it. I had to have the 6 Plus. I love my phone, but its not the same for everyone. Everyone has different tastes which is understandable.

23. salmankhan macrumors member

salmankhan

i returned my 6 exactly after using it for the same number of days as u have used but i walked out with a 6plus :D

24. bushman4 macrumors 68020

Everybody likes something different for a different reason

25. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Design-gate, but watcha' gonna do, but go with the flow. Nothing else compares to the mediocre design of the 6/6+. I'm still deciding between 5S or 6. I've got my 4S and it's still going strong.