Why I won't upgrade yet...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jiE, Apr 13, 2010.

1. jiE macrumors regular

For starters, if you are going to start flaming, just skip the thread and don't reply, thanks.

Hi all.
    I'n still on my 15" 2.2 GHz Santa-rosa MBP with the 8600M GT, which haven't made a single error so far.
    I love the size of the computer, and I dont get why on earth the uMBP are made bigger with the same screen size as the old design.
    uMBP: 36,4 cm x 24,9 cm.
    MBP classic: 35,7 cm x 24,3 cm.
    My battery will last me 3 hours and 30 mins approx. 50% brightness, WIFI on, notetaking in powerpoint.
    The new ones will last 8-9 hours, which is an extreme upgrade which I could really use. Would let me keep the charger at home at all times.

Both computers are 2,5 kg.

I do not need the extra power really, but I would like the computer to be up to date to current standard, when I ultimately buy it. And as far as the 330M goes, it is a lower class compared to the ATI 5650.

The last reason why I won't upgrade yet:
    The optical drive. I do not EVER use the drive when I'm not home. I do not need an internal drive. Many other manufactures have realized this and start selling without one. When will apple do this? And don't even mention the MBA. We all know the cons of it, and besides, I need a 15".
    What I would like to see is a MBP without optical drive, but with standard mobile hardware, and not some crippled solution thats currently offered in the air.

When these things happen, I will be buying a new one, if my current one has not died on me before..

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I have the same laptop as you but did just order a new i7 w/ matte hi-Rez screen. It would be nice if we could build the machines we want but we can't. Meanwhile our machines lose value hourly. I'd much rather put $1000 into a new machine (after sale of current one) then just use my current one until it's worthless and I have to sink 2200 into a new machine.

3. jiE thread starter macrumors regular

so you managed to get 1200 $ for your old machine?