Why I'll be cancelling MobileMe..

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by runeasgar, Aug 12, 2008.

1. runeasgar macrumors regular

May 26, 2004
    Nashville, TN
    It could have been great.. but..

- No push from computer. As a laptop user this is killer.. my computer is not always "awake" setting on an internet connection, so I have to do a MobileMe sync before I sleep it if I want information to be accurate on my iPhone.

- Unreliability. All too often, after MobileMe syncs.. my iPhone is not accurate to my laptop. My mail fails to send on a regular basis. I lost all my contacts the other day and had no way to recover them on the road.

- Shady syncing. I can't track it down, but it seems like MobileMe causes more problems with data synchronization than simply hooking my iPhone up to my laptop.

All in all MobileMe is a disappointment. I had high hopes and all but one of them were dashed (push email to my iPhone).

I simply cannot rely on MobileMe as the all-in-one solution that it was advertised to be.
  2. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Mar 11, 2004
    Good points, good for you. I would have done the same, but I have had my @Mac address for years and I can't just cancel it since too many people know it, that's the only reason I'm staying with MobileMe :rolleyes: